Arizona II Q&A Only Please.

acy0029

Songster
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
Tucson
I thought I would start another Arizona thread since I've noticed that the other one moves so fast that many legitimate questions aren't able to be answered before getting buried.

Sounds like a good idea
big_smile.png

Hello - I am in Prescott Valley AZ and I have 4 (2 barred Plymouth Rock and 2 Rhode Island Reds). They are 6 1/2 weeks old. They have lived in my bathroom (very large) at night. I am taking them out during the day with a heat lamp in a pen that is partly sheltered. But each evening - I bring them back into the bathroom. My hubby is about finished with the coop. Can I start leaving them in the coop at night outside with a heat lamp? It is getting into the 20's at night and they are calling for snow tomorrow? Help! I don't want to loose my girls (I hope not boys). I am brand new to chickens and to this site. But I think it will become very valuable to me.
hmm.png

I tend to over heat lamp. I would rather be safe than sorry. I have gotten chickens in April from a feed store and they said they were fine to be outside and I lost alot because they would all pile up. I added a heat lamp and didn't lose any more. It a little colder here than tucson and definately cooler than Phx, but I don't think a heat lamp would hurt.

Hi Cathy and Rick. I'm in Kingman, AZ. We will be getting the storm tomorrow also. My newest group is 19 weeks now but if they were only 6 1/2 weeks old I would put up a heat lamp. I too tend to over heat lamp but my thing is put up the lamp and give them plenty of room those that need it will use it, and there are always a few who are stay right under the light.

My group was hatched in July and our nights in the summer get down in the seventies. I provided a heat lamp through the night through their 6th week. Our cold is a very dry cold which tends to make it feel colder then the temperature says-if that makes sense. Again, if they were my girls I definitely would provide a heat lamp.

Hi everyone!

I didn't know this AZ thread existed (guess I need to work on my observation skills) and just wanted to come over, say hi and get some movement going on it (if need be). I don't currently have any questions, but I know I will soon!!

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom