Arizona People? Kingman, Golden Valley area

TracyLynn

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
I'm new to BYC and not sure if this is where to post, but I live in White Hills Arizona (30 miles East of Boulder City, NV) and i'm looking to not only connect with other chicken lovers in the area but to buy some baby chicks ASAP...i had a shipment of day olds chicks come in yesterday from a california hatchery and 4 were dead on arrival....i'm traumatized and dont want to do the shipping thing again....i'd like to replace those and cant seem to find anyone that sells them in the area ! any ideas?? Thanks and i'm soooo happy to be here :)

Hi Tracy! I live in Golden Valley and started raising chickens organically here last year. Sorry about your chicks! I ordered from Murray McMurray last winter and all arrived alive and healthy. I raise chicks but mine are mixed breeds. I like the variety. Glad to hear a fellow chicken lover is around! :)

Hi Sherg ! Yay ! a near by chicken lover :) So nice to meet you !

I wound up not replacing the chicks and it worked out fine..10 hens and one Rooster...My Roo crowed for the first time on Sept 11th...sounded like a broken fog horn but he's getting the hang of it now.
big_smile.png
Also, i FINALLY found a feed store that will order organic and soy free feed for me...
ya.gif
...its in kingman, called Cerbat...i'm excited and will be heading over there to pick up my order hopefully on Tuesday....I've been paying A FORTUNE to have it shipped....Also, regarding the variety of chicks...I AGREE ! i also feel that way about dogs.... i'm having a hard time telling who is who in my flock...5 buff orp, 4 barred rocks, 1 australorp, 1 easter egger....i'm enjoying them so much and i'm afraid that chickens are the gateway livestock...hehehe i'll be on my way to horses and goats SOOOON...

I'd love to connect if you're interested, as i said, i'll be in the area hopefully Tuesday.

My email is PeaceLoveAndLite at aol dot com

I almost posted my phone number and realized i prolly shouldn't advertise that...hahahaha

Tracy

Hi Tracy! Glad to meet you too! I am sorry it took so long to get back to you but I had out of town company. I use an Organic, non-gmo feed that I get once a month from Azure standard. They drop it off at Calvary Chapel Kingman in town. If you are interested, go to the Azure Standard website and check it out!

Oops! Hit the reply before I finished! I am older and don't get out much but would enjoy getting private messages from you to see how your little farm is doing out there in white hills, Maybe sharing some good tips. Feel free to private message me anytime! God bless your little venture! :)

Back
Top Bottom