ARKANSAS Chicken or Eggs SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I were there. We met some nice people. Found some really good bargains, and sent a few chickens to new homes
smile.png
.Plan on seeing you at the next one.

I've got more chickies and duckies hatching. My chicks except ee's are mixed. they sure are cute little buggars! they sure are loud tho, I've not need an alarm clock all spring
gig.gif
. we didn't get up to peyton creek swap this time around but are hoping to come to the one in june. everyone has faired very well with this rain, I sure hope it doesn't tare up nothing this time around. last month I lost about half of my flock when a huge branch fell and smashed up my pens that I put underneath it cause It provides so much nice shade. well needless to say I've had to do lots of rebuilding and moving around but I think we are just about done with repairs and moving everybody around.

my hand is on the mend, I also broke my hand last month falling off the ladder. so last month was rough!! i'm looking forward to everyone hatching that is going in and that will go in the hatcher in the next few weeks. I've been very busy but I am loving every minute of it!!!

hope to see y'all in june!!

Hi all, I am in search of eggs for hatching as we have several broody hens. We have fertilized eggs but due to breeding curiosities over the past few years, my current flock has become well..... diversified :) It all started with breeding of what I think was a Hamburg hen with a some rendition of a rhode island red (we ended up with a slightly bigger hamburg that was red & black and she hid somewhere and showed up with a dozen babies and it has went downhill from there) and this has gone on for a couple of generations and we have smaller chickens now that lay a nice sized off white egg. I would like to get back on track with some pure breeds besides the standard Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks. I do enjoy unusual breeds (obviously). I am in the Heber Springs area but am willing to travel to Searcy, Cabot, or Conway areas. Help!

Hi all, I am in search of eggs for hatching as we have several broody hens. We have fertilized eggs but due to breeding curiosities over the past few years, my current flock has become well..... diversified :) It all started with breeding of what I think was a Hamburg hen with a some rendition of a rhode island red (we ended up with a slightly bigger hamburg that was red & black and she hid somewhere and showed up with a dozen babies and it has went downhill from there) and this has gone on for a couple of generations and we have smaller chickens now that lay a nice sized off white egg. I would like to get back on track with some pure breeds besides the standard Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks. I do enjoy unusual breeds (obviously). I am in the Heber Springs area but am willing to travel to Searcy, Cabot, or Conway areas. Help!
Hi, I've got lots of pure breeds and mixed layers. I was just wondering what the purpose of the chicken you are looking for? Are you wanting to show, wanting to just have nice yard ornaments, or for egg production? Some of these fancy breeds are wonderful layers, or can be pretty broody (which they won't lay) or be wonderful show birds. I can suggest some of the breeds that kinda have all those things going for them...if you would like pm me and we can see what we can come up with. I am in North Central AR, so I'm pretty local location. But as long as it isn't a far drive I will meet. Have a wonderful weekend, talk really soon!

Hi, my location wasn't one you mentioned, I'm just west of Clinton, but I have Light Brahma and Dominique hatching eggs available. PM me if interested.

I have a trio of Mottled Houdans for sale that just turned a year old this month if anyone is interested. The hens are laying very well. These are from the U of A eggs. These pictures were taken about 3 months ago. Ignore the solid black JG/EE cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom