Arkansas folks speak up.........

took my cat to gravette today and the vet said that they had 17 cats brought in the past week for "bobcat fever" 14 of them died within days. Its cheep to prevent but very expensive to treat. just an fyi for cat owners in arkansas.. nobody seems to be talking about it, it was the first i heard of it. My cat was an indoor cat and it's transmitted by ticks not fleas so remember to treat your indoor and outdoor cats for fleas AND TICKS.

So sorry for your loss and thank you for the heads up. Is this the one that seems like or causes liver failure? Or is that yet another tick borne illness for cats?

I'm so terribly sorry about your cat. But sounds like this happens so fast that there simply is never any hope.
My cat is such a mouser that I'd not know if she did not eat for days.

Hello neighbor. I am your neighbor in Fayetteville Arkansas and a member of the backyard chicken. I'm writing to ask if you know anyone in our area who has Wheaten Marans. My only Wheaten Marans rooster got raccooned last week along with 10 of my other chickens! I'm trying to restock for next spring and I need a young adult Wheaten Marans because I need to hatch some chicks next spring as I was running low anyway. Do you have any idea where I might could find one? I've been on Craigslist and found a man in Oklahoma that has black copper Marans but I don't know how that would go as far as breeding black copper Marans rooster with Wheaten Marans females. what do you think about that?

image.jpeg Your wheaten Maran is (was) really beautiful. I love the colors. Sorry for the loss. I have lost several chickens and ducks to the raccoons. The seem to be able to find any tiny weakness in my " secure" coops. It a constant fight.
Looks a lot like my 7 year old blue wheaten Ameraucanaa roo

Hello fellow Arkies! I've been going through these posts starting at the first and following the people I saw that were around Fayetteville Arkansas. I'm trying to create a list of people to follow, around my area so that if I have a question about the weather or flea markets or looking for a particular breed of chicken, deseases, etc, I can ask around locally. Suddenly I realize there's a 1064 pages here and I can't go through all of them ! so I'm putting a shout out to people who live around Fayetteville so that I can post directly to you for type of breed or problem I'm having. Just last week I was looking for some Wheaten Marans chickens since my only rooster got raccoond while he was out feeding. So I lost my only beautiful Wheaten Marans rooster. Situations like this I wish I had known folks in The Backyard. So if you live around me in Fayetteville please let me know you're out there so I can start following you. thank you all and have a great 4th of July weekend.

Back
Top Bottom