Arkansas folks speak up.........

Quote:
Heard rumor that they have a large auction in Hunstville every saturday at One I think it was. There is also one outside of Bentonville somewhere.

As for the Fort Smith area, there is a flea market, but not an auction that I am aware of.

ETA: Anyone interested in Sumatras? I have 4 males that aren't quite what I am looking for in breeding stock.

List them in a BYC auction. Someone might want them.

Last edited:
Seems many now use the plastic totes as show crates. One judge brought all of his birds from Oklahoma to Eldorado in plastic storage totes. So today I went into the Monticello Fred's and bought 3 totes. They are the clear Shelftotes by Sterilite. Wsa on sale for $8 each. Regular $12.99. They still had a few left.

I used a hole saw and drilled two holes, about 2" below the rim, on both sides of each tub. Then we put fancy vinyl letters:

Jim
Hall
Family
Monticello
AR

Look for us at the shows! Our new fancy carry totes will be under our birds coops! Will post photos soon.

Zach called me today at work, tickled to dead that his RIR pullet we got last week laid her first egg. That snot made fun of me when I got all excited about getting eggs! I guess what comes around goes around, and in this case, its the chicken bug!
lol.png

How much do you charge for your eggs. I charge $1.50 for mine, but I read where someone was getting $2.50 for theirs(different state). Just curious as to what the going rate is here in Razorback country.

Quote:
My mother-in-law with Production Reds non-feterile, gets $1.50

At my farmstand, fertile brown eggs sell for $2.50.

Hatching eggs of Exhibition/Heritage breeds are PRICELESS! Sell those on ebay if at all possible!

Supply and demand. If you have a demand raise the price.

Fresh, fertile, cage free, chemicle free brown eggs are $3.34 at WalMart!

A bit off topic, but we have new members of our family: Bert and Earnie. Bert has ears! They have settle in nicely after a late night trip from Camden. Thanks Derenda! The children adore the kids! Buddy accepted them. We had no choice but to house them with the Buckeyes and Muscovy Ducks unless we are outside. It took a few hours, but now they are somewhat friendly with each other. This evening we had the ducklings in the new wading pool with the goats and Buddy running loose in the yard. The children did not know who to play with!

47716_bert_and_ernie_2.jpg

I plan on going to the show in Pine Bluff the 17th. Can someone tell me what time the judgeing happens. I would like to be there but its at least a 4 hr drive from here so if its too early I might miss it.

Back
Top Bottom