Arkansas folks speak up.........

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by wranglerFB, Mar 9, 2008.

1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Quote:Not everyone has a resource as large as your's!

I don't go to church either.
    My aunts collect them, and my grandma, and my mom, and my mother in law. I only have enough hens to supply me, mom and MIL, but my aunts and grandma have given me quite a few cartons anyway. Sometimes I don't see them often, but they bring them to family events like Easter.

Was just saying, her church is larger than mine. Guess we could run a free ad in the paper for our 4H club. Then split what we get between the members at our meetings. Or, we can get Julie to bring her extras to our 4H meetings! [​IMG]

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    All I meant was that you could ask the people you know to save them for you. I wasn't implying that everyone went to church. [​IMG]
    Yes, I'd be glad to bring extra cartons to the 4H meetings, Jim. Your eggs are going into lockdown today.

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Quote:LOL me too Julie! I was getting so many cartons from the congregation that I had to stand up and announce that the girls were intimidated and we'd need no more cartons for a little while. [​IMG]

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:LOL me too Julie! I was getting so many cartons from the congregation that I had to stand up and announce that the girls were intimidated and we'd need no more cartons for a little while. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Currently, I don't need any cartons. But some of the 4Hers may.

Julie, let me know when I need to pick the chicks up. And thanks! [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

My boss must be getting the chicken bug from me.
    I'm selling him some of the ones that I hatched out in March, but he wants to wait till they are "started" aged coz he doesn't *do* brooding. . . . I have 12 straight run, but of couse he's only gonna buy the pullets (no biggie, I'll eat the meat)
    I thought he just wanted a few to replace some of his older hens.

Today he calls and asks if he gets more chicks from the feed store on the 28th if he can pay me to raise them up for him too!!!!

I told him of couse, I like chicks! [​IMG]

DH doesn't know yet [​IMG]

7. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    For once, I have somethnig that you guys don't have. I bought 250 egg cartons about 2 years ago. I still have about 200 left. [​IMG]

I traded eggs with someone in OK and can't wait to get my eggs. I sent him about 15 OEGB crele eggs. I'm supose to get red pyle and self blue in return. Waiting is killing me. I also have about 25 OEGB crele eggs to put with his. The bator will be full.[​IMG]

8. coltsdad

coltsdad Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2009
    Ward Arkansas
    I bought 200 egg cartons sat. at Beebe flea market for $28 [​IMG] thought that was a heck of a deal . Actually they pulled some of them out so there was really about 195 , still a good buy. Ihope they have more next week I am going to stockpile them.Gina sounds like those little hens are laying like crazy.[​IMG]I finally got my first egg from my pumpkin hulsey games today thats the first egg I've been eggcited about in a long time.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Kramer Farms

Kramer Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
  10. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Any one that's going to the Little Rock NPIP class tomorrow, see you there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by