Arkansas folks speak up.........

Thank you very much for the info Jerry (Rocky Hill), Fluke is doing great his neck is straighten out and his little feet are straightening out and he is becoming a terror LOL ! My wife is attached to him and is very grateful for the info that you have given. You guys are great!!!!

Thank you very much for the info Jerry (Rocky Hill), Fluke is doing great his neck is straighten out and his little feet are straightening out and he is becoming a terror LOL ! My wife is attached to him and is very grateful for the info that you have given. You guys are great!!!!
Thank You! This site is great...i've learned a lot from the folks on BYC & was happy i could finally contribute something that helped. let me know when your ready to sell the white pfowl eggs. cheers, jerry@rocky hill farm.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peyton-Creek-Homesteaders-N-Central-AR/123061157893902

We have our first crower!!! Wouldn't ya know it was the littlest one AND the one we "were" calling Little Girl....guess the name will be changed to "LG".

Hello. I have had a backyard flock (4 birds) for a few months now. I bought a coop kit which I really like. I started to make a concrete slab for the coop, but I decided to fill the form with pea gravel instead. Sounded like a good idea. Now I'm wondering if I should have done something different. Some of the poop I can rake out; the rest settles in the pea gravel. I can spray the pea gravel occasionally and wash the poop to the bottom. But it's beginning to smell. What do you suggest? Continue with the pea gravel but do something like DE, lime, washing it out more frequently, etc? Or is there an advantage to pouring a concrete foundation and using something like mulch which I can remove occasionally?

Penny for your thoughts.

darrell

Hello. I have had a backyard flock (4 birds) for a few months now. I bought a coop kit which I really like. I started to make a concrete slab for the coop, but I decided to fill the form with pea gravel instead. Sounded like a good idea. Now I'm wondering if I should have done something different. Some of the poop I can rake out; the rest settles in the pea gravel. I can spray the pea gravel occasionally and wash the poop to the bottom. But it's beginning to smell. What do you suggest? Continue with the pea gravel but do something like DE, lime, washing it out more frequently, etc? Or is there an advantage to pouring a concrete foundation and using something like mulch which I can remove occasionally?

Penny for your thoughts.

darrell

if you can put wheels on it you could move it around your yard if not try pine shavings.

Penny for your thoughts.

darrell
i use lime, i sprinkle it on the coop floor then put bedding over the top. i use it for all ages, done very well. it takes care of bugs, moisture, smell. birds don't seem to be affected at all.

Help! I had a raccoon break in and lost a lot of my babies :(. I'm looking for chicks ideally welsummers, cuckoo marans, spotted Sussex or buff orpingtons. Does anyone have any in the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 month age range for sale. Please help.

I have 3 Dominique pullets and one cockerel that are around 3 and a half months old, and a little polish chick that's around 6 weeks old. I have taken the polish out with the others and put him in a cage inside the run with the others, but everytime I think that I can let it join the flock, the peck on his head and pluck out the feathers until its head bleeds. What do I do to resolve this problem?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom