Arkansas folks speak up.........

Hi guys!
yippiechickie.gif
It's been awhile again. This time I'm back with a shopping list! I'm working on a hen pen, and I'm looking for some POL Cinnamon Queen pullets. Also a couple of ameraucana pullets.

I have lavender orpingtons. Pairs. The pullets will lay this spring, around March. I also have chicks due to hatch on the 7th of February. I have 5 silkie/lav orp crosses in the incubator. I'm calling those Lavilkies lol. I'm open to trade, willing to drive or meet in the middle, whatever, but looking!

We are a couple of yuppies just building a backyard chicken coop. We just want to get our feet wet by raising two hens at first. We live in south AR, any suggestions on a good place to buy hatched out chicks? I like what I've read about Rhode Island reds, Easter eggers, welsummers, and australorps but don't have a clue where to get them locally.
I saw some welsummers and RR at the Beebe fleamarket Saturday as well as other chickens and animals.

Hi guys!  :yiipchick   It's been awhile again.   This time I'm back with a shopping list! I'm working on a hen pen, and I'm looking for some POL Cinnamon Queen pullets.  Also a couple of ameraucana pullets.  

I have lavender orpingtons.  Pairs.  The pullets will lay this spring, around March.  I also have chicks due to hatch on the 7th of February.  I have 5 silkie/lav orp crosses in the incubator.  I'm calling those Lavilkies lol.  I'm open to trade, willing to drive or meet in the middle, whatever, but looking! 
I have three hens that are 8 months old where are you and where did you get your orps

@Ozarkguy I was at the Beebe flea market saturday too! Your not the Johnny who was stalking me are you =)

I have to say sadly I wasn't impressed with the Beebe flea market. I hope it picks up as it gets warmer but most people selling livestock this last saturday didn't even know the breeds they were selling.. I know because I asked them! Speaking of which, anyone know of anyone around the sherwood/cabot area that raises rabbits. I'm looking to get into it and I want purebreds to start of course. I didn't have any luck at the flea market and would rather not have to travel hours.

Their breeder stock is straight from hinkjc poultry. I'm uber proud of my fat bottom girls and their handsome roo, "Mr. Man". I'm in Benton, AR.

Here are my young bird's parents:

Last edited:
Their breeder stock is straight from hinkjc poultry. I'm uber proud of my fat bottom girls and their handsome roo, "Mr. Man". I'm in Benton, AR.

Here are my young bird's parents:

I would love to buy a couple of lavender chicks! They are so pretty! Who knows, I may have a couple of Ameraucanas to trade. I have some eggs soon to be in my incubator.

Thanks for the info! We are in Magnolia and have a feed store in town, Atwoods, that sells chicks(they don't have any yet) but I wanted to be sure that we were getting pullets and I wanted to know what breed we were getting. In my experience, the cashiers there are usually young and haven't a clue about what breeds the chicks are. My 8 year old, is dead set on getting them as cute, tiny, little fuzzy guys so he can raise them, lol!

There are some chickens that have different colors depending on if they are male or female. I forget the correct terminology but that would help. Otherwise see if your feed store gaurantees the gender.

Their breeder stock is straight from hinkjc poultry. I'm uber proud of my fat bottom girls and their handsome roo, "Mr. Man". I'm in Benton, AR. Here are my young bird's parents:
I have a nice blue ameraucana rooster in need of a good home from show quality lines maybe we could trade some eggs I only have one ameraucana hen.

Back
Top Bottom