Arkansas folks speak up.........

I'm a kid at heart..... Haha. My boy is 4 in July. Talked to guy here in 4h and he heard age is going up to 5 this January. We will prob go ahead and get involved so we will know what to expect. Start going to meetings and events. I'm in Grant county

Hi y'all;
'Ve recently moved from PA to SE MO and am looking for chicken Swaps/Sales in NE AR. Do any of you know if there are any within 100 miles of Mammoth Springs area? Any help finding some within a reasonable driving distance would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
1f61c.png
1f413.png

Hello! Welcome. I know that Bebe used to have a poultry swap/flea market thing but not sure on days times etc. Not really my area of the state. There is an Arkansas Swap thread you might go through past posts and find something. Good luck.

The beebe outdoor flea market is on Saturdays from 6-1pm ish.... But make sure you really check the chickens you get bc had a bad experience with getting them there and majority were diseased .

Auction was a big disappointment today. Going to give it one more try this next month. If the prices aren't better I won't be sell there anymore.

Roosters for sale:
2yr old Black Minorca- $10
8m old Mottled Java Roosters (2)- $10 per bird
6m old Egyptian Fayoumis Roosters (2)-$10 per bird

Pullets for sale:
6wk Cinnamon Queens (5)- $5 per bird

Downsizing the flock, we have too many Roosters and cinnamon queens were sold to us as another breed which we now know they are not and do not need them. Would like to sell them all together.

PM me for photos

Located in Northwest AR

To update the hatch. I set 28 eggs on Saturday April 2nd. The first pips were last Friday morning. The hatch was over by late Saturday afternoon. I put them in my brooder in the coop Sunday morning.

Eight of the eggs I set were from hens at least a year old. Of these 8 one stopped developing around day 9 or 10. The other seven hatched.

20 of the eggs were from pullets that had been laying between one to three months. Seven of these eggs were clears when I candled. From different shades of the egg shells, these clears were from different pullets. There were other eggs from the same pullets that hatched. I’m not sure what the problem was, I’m not convinced all of it was fertility because of the rooster. I often have lower hatch rates with pullets. Maybe they don’t quite get everything in place in all the eggs they lay? When I opened them, there was no development. I collected eggs over a five day period. These clears were scattered from the first to the last collection day. I have not been able to come up with any pattern.

Of the 13 pullet eggs that made it to lockdown, 12 hatched. The failure was from the last day of collection. It internal pipped, the beak was in the air cell, but it never progressed from there and the yolk was not absorbed. I don’t know what happened.

So I wound up with 19 chicks from the parents shown in post #9540 from this thread. All the eggs were green or blue. It doesn’t show up that well in the photos but there are differences in shade and markings in the reddish down. It will be interesting to see how they feather out.

I'm having troubles importing photos this morning. That happens a lot on this forum. I may try later.

Got it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom