Arkansas folks speak up.........

Yup. Seemed to be the appropriate name when we weren't sure which way he'd go. lol.... Saturday night live flashback.
thumbsup.gif

Help! Question: How long do we need to keep them in their Coop at first & can we let them out in their attached run in a few days? We put our 12 Cheeps(almost 5 & 6 weeks) in their Coop for the first time! Not great pics, the sun was making the light all weird. We will prob add another roost, stagger it a little lower, but just needed to get them in there & used to their new home. Finally out of our Garage, yay!! We will add a droppings board & will put the nesting boxes under that on the floor, sitting on 2x4's. Food & water is in a corner sitting up on a wooden type box, just up out of the shavings. Also, will we need to build a ramp for the roost?

There are windows cut out on North & South wall with HW cloth over them & in the door(west facing).

Someone in another thread mentioned I need more/better ventilation. How would I incorporate that in this shed that we coverted into the Coop?

Last edited:
Sorry I thought I already responded to this. Guess my phone ate it
if the run is attached they should be good to go. Just check after dark to be sure they went inside and didn't decide to sleep in the run

Sorry I thought I already responded to this. Guess my phone ate it
if the run is attached they should be good to go. Just check after dark to be sure they went inside and didn't decide to sleep in the run
Thank you! I put them up Sunday night, left them in all day Monday. Let them out Monday evening, they knew that evening it was time for roosting but wasn't sure what to do so helped them back in the Coop. Last night when we got home for my Daughter's Softball game, they had put themselves up! I was so proud...and happy! Souuld I have 2 sets of waterers & feeders? To leave one in run & one in the Coop? Or just leave the feeder & waterer in the run now that they're out there all day at this point?

Thank you! I put them up Sunday night, left them in all day Monday. Let them out Monday evening, they knew that evening it was time for roosting but wasn't sure what to do so helped them back in the Coop. Last night when we got home for my Daughter's Softball game, they had put themselves up! I was so proud...and happy! Souuld I have 2 sets of waterers & feeders? To leave one in run & one in the Coop? Or just leave the feeder & waterer in the run now that they're out there all day at this point?
If they are allowed to come out at will, there is no need to have feeders and waterers in the coop. Chickens don't eat or drink at night in the dark, and, unless broody or hiding from aggressive flock mates, they will come out to eat or spend most of their time outside anyway. I never liked to have food or water in the coop as it leads to wet bedding and encourages mice, etc.

Back
Top Bottom