Arkansas folks speak up.........

Anyone else getting storms and torrential rain? My chicken tractor was totally flipped upside down this afternoon! The occupants were fine; thank God. It also blew an exhaust fan out of the window of my chicken trailer. I had just put some month old chicks outside today. Ended up having to bring them all inside and blow dry them. A couple were half dead but they revived. Back into the shop they went!

Our trash can/dumpster got blowed in the ditch and Sadie was loose when we got home. Everything else was fine. Still getting heavy rain and lots of thunder from your direction.
Have Ethan sleep on top of the coop. That should keep it safe tonight!

We are high and dry. Looks like it could rain.
fl.gif
fl.gif

I've had to blow dry turkeys before. I thought they were dead, until they warmed up.

Hope no one was hurt or lost anything major. I'm here in NW AR and we didn't get anything!!
hit.gif
Really could use some rain as we are on an outside watering ban until October:mad: Rain would really be appreciated. Fortunately I live at 2150' so it's not all that hot....mostly 80's with an occasional low 90's, but it is terribly dry.

No rain here either, up in North Central and we could really use it.

We've been having 100+ temps daily and I'm so ready for fall/winter at this point. We topped out at 107.8 yesterday and that reading was from an Accurite sensor located in the shade.
th.gif

To everyone getting the storms, stay safe!
hugs.gif

Hey guys, I am from Lonoke, AR. Was wondering if anyone has Plymouth Barred Rock hens, Rhode Island Red Hens or New Hampshire Red hens for sale or eggs. Preferably eggs since it is so hot for mail. Unless you are close I will drive. I was hoping for the Heritage/Standard size. Please look at my page ====
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=80874 to see what I have already. and if I have something you would like. Thank you soooo much. Pauletta You can PM me.

Hey Arkansas Folks!!!! I live in little Rock. I got my first chickens this May, so I am sooooo new to this!! Having so much fun with them. I have 5...RIR, 2 EE's, BA and BR. I built a Catawba Ark (my first time to build anything!!) and move it all over my backyard. The chicks hang out in the yard while I'm outside too. Any more Little Rock peeps out there??

Back
Top Bottom