Arkansas folks speak up.........

Been butchering chickens all week long, not very many at one time though because I work 10 hours a day then do this after feeding chores after I get home. Monday - Thursday I have butchered 10 young one about 4 months old and 6 older roosters.

Tonight I will try getting 2 more roosters and some hens that have laid out. I still have about 5 more young cockrels to go too all in all about I will have a total of 27 to get butchered.

My wife, daughter, and sister spent yesterday canning it, they done abotu 10 chickens and got 24 pints of chicken and 3 and 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.

Last edited:
Quote:
It's in Indianapolis, IN. We're about 5 hours out. Cluckin' and truckin'.

We're gonna beat you!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
It's in Indianapolis, IN. We're about 5 hours out. Cluckin' and truckin'.

Okay, thanks.

Probably won't get to make it then. I've never been to Indianapolis before but close, Sellersburg. My wife is from Tennesse/Kentucky area and has alot of kinfolk in Indiana around Indianapolis and Sellersburg area.

Have fun all that are going. Maybe another time.

Congrats to our Arkansas kids at Crossroads Poultry Show!! There were 4 age groups and Arkansas kids placed in 3 of the classes!!

Congratulations:
Peewee - Ethan Graves - 4th out of 19 kids
Intermediate - Annslee Dean - 4th out of 50 kids
Junior - Will Bryles - 3rd place out of 39 kids

Last edited:
Did I miss a show in F'ville?!?! I hope not! Also, I need to find a great home for a 1.5yr old white silkie rooster. He has great toes, heavy feathering on his feet, full beard, etc etc. Gentle, never aggressive, gets along with other Roos and is nice to the girls. I desperately want to keep him but can't in city limits. I have another rooster that I hatched who is handicapped so I have to keep him. We aren't allowed roosters in f'ville and I don't want neighbors narcing me off to the poultry police. Great home for Kung Pow is mandatory. Message for price(super reasonable and just to make sure he doesn't end up in a pot) and pics.

Back
Top Bottom