Armed Forces parents, families and SUPPORTERS check in here!

I Just got my youngest son home from Iraq last month, US Army. he is in El paso until August then comes to Ft. Knox closer to home YEA!!!! I live in southern Indiana. most of my family was in the service too. Lost my oldest in 2003 in Iraq. about lost my mind with having my youngest in Iraq the past 14 months. My youngest decided to be a combat medic. which did not make my worrying any less.

Thanks you guys
smile.png
This is going to be the hardest thing I will probably ever do - but it will be so worth it in the end !

Oh maybe some of you can help me.
We've had 2 empty boxes here to send to Iraq and we've argued over what we need to send. We don't know the 2 men who will get them, we got their names and mailing info and I'm not feeling so good lately, so I'm having a hard time thinking about what to send.
So far the only things we have and I need to find out if they can receive are Bibles. Razors, deoderants, HELP!
Hubby would fill them with chocolate! He said that was his favorite thing to get in Viet Nam. Still is.
What do you send your family? What kinds of things do they ask for?
I'm not rich, so can't send anything real expensive, Too bad the closest Exchange is over 2 hrs away. I just don't want to send anything not neccessary or just junk.
Sorry but I thought this would be the best group to ask.

BTW.........I was raised a Navy Brat by way of stepdad, married retired Army (Viet Nam Vet and Special Forces) and I would have been an Airforce brat too if I had known my dad back then. Whole dang family was in Viet Nam at one time.

Quote:
WHat "career" are you going to choose?

Right now I have quite a few choices for my MOS , but havent settled on one yet. My asvab scores were rather high so i had plenty of options to pick from. So as of right now, My career will be being a good Marine.

Thanks teach1rusl love the hugs sorry i haven't posted much new to this. mostly stay in the comfort of my little shell lol watching my now 50+ chickens 10 ducks lot of cats and 2 dogs plus 11 horses and more on the way

Quote:
thank you I am very proud of my boys, ok grown men but they will always be my boys. I am very proud of all our military both still serving and all those who have served.

Sugar Sand Farm's son is a good friend of ours. He's my BF's best friend, like a brother, and thanks to him and his parents I got into chickens. He's a really good guy, just a normal kid out there serving his country. He gets scared when things get dangerous and is happy to come home and see his family but continues to do his duty daily. He'll be coming home soon and we'll all be glad to see him!

37282_1542474641107_1212196084_31527575_3257201_n.jpg

Thats my sister in the background on the banner. She served as an MP for many years in Korea. She still works in security and law enforcement. Shes 100 lbs soaking wet, five foot nothing and can probably beat up my boyfriend and my dad at the same time! She's a tough chick and I love her to death!

Back
Top Bottom