Arrrrrgh, LG incubator!! i hate this thing!

Quote:
Once you start buying parts at that level you're better off with a Dickey.

That's why I'm sticking with homemade (on the cheap end of homemade) until I can afford a Dickey, not shelling out for another tiny foam incubator however stable. My homemade's rock and using the two (and with Ione hatching some for me) I can make enough profit to save toward the Dickey.

Free metal cooler became Uglybator, free minifridge is now my black Darthbator. Both stable with water heater thermostats.

While I wish I had the cabinetry skills to build a nice wood cabinet bator, I'm just going to pay Mr. Dickey and be delighted.

Quote:
Once you start buying parts at that level you're better off with a Dickey.

That's why I'm sticking with homemade (on the cheap end of homemade) until I can afford a Dickey, not shelling out for another tiny foam incubator however stable. My homemade's rock and using the two (and with Ione hatching some for me) I can make enough profit to save toward the Dickey.

Free metal cooler became Uglybator, free minifridge is now my black Darthbator. Both stable with water heater thermostats.

While I wish I had the cabinetry skills to build a nice wood cabinet bator, I'm just going to pay Mr. Dickey and be delighted.

I wish I could afford a Dickey, but I only use the bators to bring in new blood and confirm fertility. I only stated the above because with all bators including a DIY or a Dickey there is either instructions or a person should do the research before jumping.

If I could afford a Dickey or two, you can bet I would invest in computer local and remote climate control. I think the price of them has dropped for home climate control, but it still would need to have a relay and 24 volt transformer to operate. Taking a guess with wireless controls and complete setup it would probably be over $100 just to get started. It is one of the things that keeps us from going out overnight even though I got my bators down. I still would be thinking about them all night.

Quote:
What is this going out overnight of which you speak??? 8 dogs, a parrot, turkeys,chickens, chicks, poults and two incubators, it's been a very long while since I understood those words.

Back
Top Bottom