Article description/Snippet is being ornery.

Do you mean this? I'm not sure why that's not working. Maybe @Nifty-Chicken knows.
1679797299466.png

Hi there, I'm trying to include a brief description of an article and I can't get it to appear on the listing page, it keeps taking a snippet of the article.
What am I missing?
Thanks!
Hi,
It sounds like you are having trouble getting the desired text to appear as the description of your article on the listing page. This can happen if the platform or CMS you are using is pulling a snippet from the article instead of using the description you provided.

To fix this, you can try a few things:

1. Check if the platform you are using has a specific field for the article description. If it does, make sure you have entered the description in that field.
  2. If you have already entered the description in the correct field and it's still not showing up, try shortening the description to make sure it fits within the character limit allowed by the platform.
  3. You can also try adding a meta description tag to the HTML code of your article page. This will tell search engines what text to display as the article's description on the listing page.
  4. If none of these solutions work, you may need to consult the platform's documentation or reach out to their support team for further assistance.
I hope this helps you get the desired description of your article to appear on the listing page.

Back
Top Bottom