Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day

I'm a carboholic and absolutely love to cook/bake!
droolin.gif
Will most definitely try this. Thanks!!

CARAWAY SEEDS!!! That was what I was looking for...(Hi, I'm Chuck...I suffer from CRS)
smile.png

Try Caraway Seeds, about 2 Tbsp per loaf. Out of this world.

What's "parchment paper"? Is that the same thing as wax paper? I'm making some as we speak and at 9:30 a piece goes in the oven and if I don't find out what "parchment paper" is before then, I'm just going to really, lightly coat the dutch oven with some butter or margarine and hope for the best.

Also, was I supposed to use 'self-rising' flour or general purpose flour? (I used the general purpose flour and the 3 tbsp of yeast the recipe called for)

As you can probably tell, I don't know a thing about baking, but really want and need to learn as I think making my own breads will be cheaper...I hope.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am very sorry, but it will not be cheaper making this bread. The reason is that it is soooooo good that you will be making 10x the bread you would normally eat!!!

The bread does cost only pennies a loaf to make but it's the taste that makes it worth the effort.

I got my first taste of store bread in a very long time a few weeks ago...I make an enriched bread for our everyday sandwich bread and I was a little under the weather so I decided to buy a bag of bread when I was at the store. I made myself a sandwich when I got home and took a bite....that bread triggered my gag reflex. I actually gagged....I don't remember store bought bread being that bad. I used to eat it when I was a kid in school, we would have sandwiches for lunch sometimes. I don't remember the bread being so bad that it made my stomach hurt. I think they must be doing something to the bread to try and cut the cost of making in because that stuff in freaking nasty.

How many cups of flour are in a bag? I don't want to ask how much flour do I need because I know the recipe says 13 cups. But how many bags do I need to have on hand??? This looks like such an easy way to have really pretty bread on hand... Thank you for this.

Back
Top Bottom