ASAP FREE TO GOOD HOME TRANSPORT INCLUDED

I'm with @SolarDuck on considering using Craigslist to find a family for your duck. I also completely understand the reservations @Miss Lydia has. People do pose as families looking for pets and then sadly use that pet for a meal.

It can also work out beautifully. For example, I found my 3 adopted rescue ducks on Craigslist. Another person found them abandoned on a pond. She came to my home, twice. Once to meet me and inspect my house and my property. The other time to bring me my new ducks. She had criteria I had to meet before she would give me the ducks, like a predator proof run, coop, and pond on the property. My Craigslist ducks have had a happily ever after. I am fully committed to them and their well being.

If you say that you are going to charge more for the duck than they could buy meat for, that can protect the animal. You can then donate that money to an animal rescue group. Or give that money to their vet to prepay part of their first appointment. I've done both.

I Dm'd him asking if he has room. he has a lot of ducks, chickens, guinea's quails, pigs, rabbits... all kinds of critters. If all goes well I can get the duck today,, or more likely tomorrow.

What is the ducks general disposition with people? If he's a bit snotty that's ok, Ive slapped the crap out a few of scotty's roosters before so ornery birds won't be a deal killer, but in general how is he with people / other ducks / animals so I can tell him what to expect, so he knows where / with who to put the duck with?
Thanks
Aaron

Back
Top Bottom