Ascites or Egg Bound Or???

Ssupenia

Hatching
Mar 30, 2021
I have a serama. I found her today waddling. Looks like her entire body is poofed. Her breathing honestly sounds like a clock... til tok... I took a video of her but not sure if I can up load that.

Load your video to You Tube, copy the URL, then paste the URL in a window in your thread. It'll embed and we can view it.

You need to tell us a lot more about your hen if we're going to be able to gather enough clues to help.

Load your video to You Tube, copy the URL, then paste the URL in a window in your thread. It'll embed and we can view it.

You need to tell us a lot more about your hen if we're going to be able to gather enough clues to help.
I'm new to this, what do you need to know?

They get fed layer pellets with corn scratch mixed in. They have access to water all the time. They don't really free range but they have 40 by 25 run. There are 4 ducks in with the chickens. We have roosters. I have Americanas, silkies, 2 other seramas, barred rock, black jersey giants.

I have her in my bathroom in the dark. She was soaking in a Epsom salt bath for 15... he bottom near her vent feels kinda of firm but squishy..

Thanks. That's a start.

How old is she.

When was the last time she laid an egg? Shell quality? Any thin shell or shell-less eggs?

The video would be helpful so we can see her posture. Posture can give a lot of information.

Is there any fluid dripping from her vent?

Is she pooping? Consistency and color?

Egg laying is unknown, they just started not to long ago. We got her last summer she's about 8 months old. Posture is slouching definitely not standing tall. She did have some poop come out that was white mixed. There does seem to be clear fluid there but it's not draining per se... I did upload a video

20210330_191201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom