Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men?

Welsummer, I have got to agree with you on some parts. There have been a number of news articles about the problems Charlie's been getting himself into owing to his drinking and drug use... but I still feel his part on the show is fantastic. The whole distracted things kind of suits his character, I'm going to miss that.
Yeah, Alan and Jake are pretty cool too, but I still think Charlie has some of the best lines.

I agree I am not saying I am a huge fan of charlie sheens and his problems are excactly that a problem. But like whiteflare said though his costars are great actors/comedians, he was still a huge part of the show. I will definately miss him and nothing personal to ashton I just dont like his acting. Although I do agree he was okay in the Guardian, but Kevin Costner was the best part of that movie as well.
idunno.gif
wink.png
Oh and to me ashton is perfectly fine marrying an older women. Women marry older men, I dont see why men cant marry older men. LOL!
hu.gif
Dont make no since that people scrutinized him for that.

So is he going to completely take over the part ? I had heard Huge Grant was in talks. I see that more due to the age thing. I watch the show because I love John Cryer. He will always be "The Duck Man " to me. (Pretty In Pink he was Ducky). I also enjoy the mother , the house keeper and the teenager. I liked seeing him grow up. I am glad to see the show go on , and hope it keeps up with the creative story lines. I have also enjoyed the Mike and Molly. I think she is so darn cute !

I think Hugh Grant declined the offer of the part. I heard something about that on the news!

Yeah, I think Alan had a funny part once when some French chick he was dating asked him about his beceecling
gig.gif

I only watched the show a couple of times & I liked it. But what nobody has mentioned (or that I have seen so far--I have not read the entire thread and did miss a page or two at most) is that Charlie is not off the show because of his personal life. He is off the show because he violated the terms of his contract with the production company when he publicly blasted his supervisors, producers, and the people who sign his paycheck. NOBODY in the business is allowed to do that, and Charlie thought he was special and that those terms of his contract did not apply to him.

Sheen's off the show because of a contract violation. The producers and powers-that-be at CBS even put up with his rants for a while, but then he crossed a line when he started making public comments to/about Chuck Lorre. He shot himself in the foot on that one.

I think he will get help--I certainly hope so! Charlie Sheen's been a favorite of mine since her was a young kid in Red Dawn. I liked Two And A Half Men the few times I did see it, but I am going to reserve judgment for how I feel about Kutcher stepping into the role. He's been good in some of the things he's been in, not-so-good in others. This might be just the niche he's been looking for, and if the writers do their job well, and Kutcher steps up to the plate, this can work.

I'm remaining open-minded and hopeful that Charlie gets it together and continues to have a successful career after this--and publicly apologizes to the producers of the show. Who knows? Maybe he'll get his job back. By then the kid will be grown, Kutcher will be a mainstay on the show, and it'll be "Four Men". LOL.

HH: That's a good point. Thanks for making it - I have been searching around for a long time about the real reasons Charlie was fired, but the online articles have all been sort of fuzzy.

Yeah, Four Men, that'll be a good one!
lol.png
At least then, everyone will be able to work out the square root of 16, while not everyone's gonna get 6.25
gig.gif

Quote:
Exactly. He was missing up before, but they said he always showed for work and was always professional.

He's a nut case lately and I feel bad for him since he's mainly trashing himself. His wife is in rehab right now. One of the Godesses went to jail for a DUI I think it was. I feel bad for those kids and hope they get parents that straighten out and stop dragging them through all the garbage.

Charlie isn't hurting. His one man shows are all sold out. I don't know if people go because they like him or because right now he's a novelty, but it ain't hurtin his pocket.

Oh and I loved Red Dawn.

Kutcher was good in The Guardian. He was funny on That 70's Show, but I liked the other 4 and all the parents better. And I don't think he's a pretty boy. He's kind of goofy to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom