Ask a chef

Pics
do from them mushrooms and goat chees BUREKAS!

Last edited:
do from them mushrooms and goat chees BUREKAS!

those look amazing! I'm going to be pushing for appetizer even if they are just cut in half breaded and deep fried. I can always whip up a good sauce for them. Think the boss has something in mind with the pork shank and them. Keeping the goat cheese and maybe figs in mind for a salad if he does.

Quote:
Thank you . I am a decent cook but there are big holes in my "education". Beings that I learned about everything off of TV. Starting with Graham Kerr and Julia Childs on KPBS.... Back when there were only eight or so channels on TV.

I had to learn out of self defense. Mom could burn the same pot of beans twice. So my first attempt at cooking was when I was about sixteen. Armed with images from Graham Kerr I Bought a Rabbit in the grocery store... Boned it and stuffed it and trussed it and cooked it. Dad raved Mom wouldnt touch it till I removed two legs. Long story.

Anyway I take after dad When mom said there was nothing to eat in the house.... He would open the refrigerator and start pulling things out. By the time he was done every pot in the house would be used but dinner was soo good there were no leftovers.

Our background is all Southern fried.... I make a mean hoecake.... not sayin much because they are dead simple.

First time I made prime rib it came out perfect... again... simple.

But I cant seem to get good food to come out of a crockpot.... Even beans...
idunno.gif
ON the stove I got it....

deb

Thank you .   I am a decent cook but there are big holes in my "education".  Beings that I learned about everything off of TV.  Starting with Graham Kerr and Julia Childs on KPBS.... Back when there were only eight or so channels on TV. 

I had to learn out of self defense.  Mom could burn the same pot of beans twice.  So my first attempt at cooking was when I was about sixteen.  Armed with images from Graham Kerr I Bought a Rabbit in the grocery store... Boned it and stuffed it and trussed it and cooked it.  Dad raved Mom wouldnt touch it till I removed two legs.   Long story. 

Anyway I take after dad When mom said there was nothing to eat in the house....  He would open the refrigerator and start pulling things out.   By the time he was done every pot in the house would be used but dinner was soo good there were no leftovers.

Our background is all Southern fried....   I make a mean hoecake.... not sayin much because they are dead simple.

First time I made prime rib it came out perfect...  again...  simple.

But I cant seem to get good food to come out of  a crockpot....  Even beans... :idunno   ON the stove I got it....

deb
that sounds like the best forced first meal ever. I remember watching alot of yan can cook as a kid. Because " if yan can cook, so can you"
Lol you should watch a video of him breaking down a chicken. Fastest I've seen.

Was just talking with our sommelier tonight about deboning duck and wrapping it around meat pastes. Along with rendering fat, among other things. Bit of a spoiler but plans for the extra ducks this year.

Back
Top Bottom