Ask a chef

Pics
Hariimi - see fish in a spicy Libyan tomato sauce for lunch with my son.and yes THE HEAD IS THE BEST PART!
Is Hariimi similar to Trout? I can do heads. deb
Hariimi is the name of the dish! In Libian Arabic, the fish wase a see bas, you can do thid dish with almost any kind of fish, but the king of fish is the Mediterranean rock grouper! And deb pleas dont say that you can't eat the heads! The have the most tasty bites ever! If I have the head I leave any outer part!
LOL.... i said I CAN do heads..... and collars .... I do draw the line with eyes.... If someone else at the table wants them they can have them. deb
:thumbsup You must excuse me: Long day,? Multifucal glasses ? Not An English speakers ? 50 years old? All the above? You can choose! :lau

Quote: Long year for me
Not going blind my arms are too short
English is about the only thing I speak Though I do know a few curse words in Russian, and Spanish and one polite phrase in Japanese.... Oh and I can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Tai... and Tagalog.... Not what they are saying though.
And I can translate 99 year old....
gig.gif

61 in two days
believe me I understand

Right now I have a hair trigger temper.... BYC is about the only thing that keeps me sane...

deb

Quote: Hariimi is the name of the dish! In Libian Arabic, the fish wase a see bas, you can do thid dish with almost any kind of fish, but the king of fish is the Mediterranean rock grouper! And deb pleas dont say that you can't eat the heads! The have the most tasty bites ever! If I have the head I leave any outer part!

LOL.... i said I CAN do heads..... and collars .... I do draw the line with eyes.... If someone else at the table wants them they can have them.

deb
thumbsup.gif

You must excuse me:
Long day,?
Multifucal glasses ?
Not An English speakers ?
50 years old?
All the above?
You can choose!
lau.gif

lau.gif

I would also like to try to make your chicken stew one day. You do have a very nice looking family. Thank you for sharing. :D
thanks!
Here the receipt Libian chicken and lemon stew " tebecha bill karres"
5 chicken ties, or a chicken cut to 6
1 diced onion
3 cut carrots
3 cut potatoes
1 cup of fresh / frozen pees
1 lemon juce ( fresh!)
1-1/2 tspoon turmeric
Black pepper
Salt
Cinnamon
Olive oil

MO
Put some olive oil in a large pot
Enter the diced onions and fry 1-2 minutes, add salt and pepper as you will.
Enter the chicken fry 2 minutes more
Add the turmeric and turn a few times
Add the carrots an the potatoes and turn again
Cover with hot water- remmber it is not a soup! Don't drown it! :lol:
Let it cook on a low flame until the chicken is tender
Add the pees, and the lemo juices, mix and fix the taste with salt
Sprinkle some cinnamon NOT TO MUCH! On the potatoes and the chickens let it cook for 5-7 minutes more!
Bon a petite!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom