Ask a chef

Quote:
awesome!!! I love a good waffle iron!!! My most favorite BESIDES homemade waffles smothered with butter an ummmm hate to say this.... SUGAR is hashbrowns! I know really healthy right!
lau.gif
w583h583_755187-cook-bacon-in-waffle-iron.jpg
3-harshbrowns.jpg

Breaded fried CHEESE ROCKS!!! (Queso Frito)

20141103-waffled-queso-frito-closeup-daniel-shumski-thumb-1500xauto-412523.jpg

Chicken and Waffles, PA Dutch style​
4b432b41b2710d752d3232b7821f7a2f.jpg

Butter sugar waffles!!!
wonderful+waffles+2.jpg

Fish sticks are good too, and so is making waffles towered with pulled pork BBQ

Steamed Thai curried coconut milk salmon.

Layer the steamer with cabbage or any vege you like. The sause is coconut milk and Thai curry with salt and pepper thickened by rice flour and salmon on top. Steam until cooked through. Lots of people add peppers and Thai basil in it. Serve with jasmine rice.

Layer the steamer with cabbage or any vege you like. The sause is coconut milk and Thai curry with salt and pepper thickened by rice flour and salmon on top. Steam until cooked through. Lots of people add peppers and Thai basil in it. Serve with jasmine rice.

This was made in a foil pie dish that was dropped in the rice cooker steamer. It took longer to cook in that then steaming over the oven.

This was made in a foil pie dish that was dropped in the rice cooker steamer. It took longer to cook in that then steaming over the oven.

Also... It can be any meat in the dish. I used salmon because I had it

I just found this thread. I have two roosters that are headed for freezer camp this week and so of course I thought of trying Coq Au Vin. In the days before refrigerated trucks and fresh meat distribution, when it was not unusual to kill your own chickens the fresh blood was used to thicken the dish. Modern recipes use flour or flour and butter mixture to thicken it. I have been thinking that I want to try tho blood method with one roo and the flour/butter method with the second. So have any of you got a favorite Coq Au Vin recipe? I am going to be "cheating" and using a slow cooker so I don't have to be home to have it cooking.

I just found this thread. I have two roosters that are headed for freezer camp this week and so of course I thought of trying Coq Au Vin. In the days before refrigerated trucks and fresh meat distribution, when it was not unusual to kill your own chickens the fresh blood was used to thicken the dish. Modern recipes use flour or flour and butter mixture to thicken it. I have been thinking that  I want to try tho blood method with one roo and the flour/butter method with the second. So have any of you got a favorite Coq Au Vin recipe? I am going to be "cheating" and using a slow cooker so I don't have to be home to have it cooking.

Apologies for my absence, dealing with some chicken stuff.
I have never cooked a chicken this way before and after doing I little research now I want to. It all seems pretty straight forward. I'm always a big fan of a thick cut peppered bacon. Add a little diced leek along with the garlic for a robust onion flavor. If your doing it in a crock pot make sure to crisp your chicken on the stove prior to letting it simmer in the juices. Choices of many fresh herbs aside from the traditional will also enhance the flavor profile. Hope this helps. Glad you found the thread and am looking forward to pictures of your dish.

A.

In other exciting news....
Without going into too much detail because things still need to be finalized, my bosses are buying another restrauant with an established catering service attached.
Guess whos going to be running it?!?
Me and the Misses
1f602.png

He also mentioned my attention to detail and that I'd be training new employees, still plenty of details and about 30 miles between the restrauants so alot to hash out before its all said and done but he said we should be taking over by October.

Boom Shaka laka!

A.

Back
Top Bottom