ASK ME!!

And thank you for not starting hysteria first, it's been a rough week. :)

Then a few have these red bald spots.

I just sprayed ll of them with this.
ok thanks for the pics that helped... I don't believe it fowl pox, just dont look like it! so thats good news... But im still clueless as to what it could be, i have been looking and only info i have seen is that some people say that their chickens just developed black spots on legs as if it was in the breed of the bird itself to have them... I dont know about all that though! Does the birds seem to be pecking at their legs like its bothering them or is it just something you noticed? I understand the red spot you found but i believe its two different situations. Mites or other pest could have caused the sore or other birds pecking at the bird hard to tell without watching them and see whats going on, if you see the bird pecking itself or pulling its own feathers i would say its most likely mites or something of that matter aggravating it! I would recommend you get a powder poison that you can safely use around chickens and even put on the chickens to kill any such pest. If you can think of any more information to give me on either one of the problems it would be helpful cause i am going to continue to research it for you. Thank you and sorry i couldnt give you a for sure answer or a cure

ok thanks for the pics that helped... I don't believe it fowl pox, just dont look like it! so thats good news...  But im still clueless as to what it could be, i have been looking and only info i have seen is that some people say that their chickens just developed black spots on legs as if it was in the breed of the bird itself to have them... I dont know about all that though! Does the birds seem to be pecking at their legs like its bothering them or is it just something you noticed? I understand the red spot you found but i believe its two different situations.  Mites or other pest could have caused the sore or other birds pecking at the bird hard to tell without watching them and see whats going on, if you see the bird pecking itself or pulling its own feathers i would say its most likely mites or something of that matter aggravating it! I would recommend you get a powder poison that you can safely use around chickens and even put on the chickens to kill any such pest.  If you can think of any more information to give me on either one of the problems it would be helpful cause i am going to continue to research it for you.  Thank you and sorry i couldnt give you a for sure answer or a cure

They don't seem to be preening more than usual. I did notice the red skin isn't so red. I'm going to possibly spray them all again tonight, the label says every other day. I just want to get rid of whatever it is. I am going to get Diamotous sp? earth to sprinkle on them, in their dirt holes and the coop. The DE takes longer to help them so I think I might combine the spray and the DE. Do you think that is a good idea? Oh and they aren't laying any more unless they have all decided to lay the eggs i n the yard somewhere. Ugh if they are. If I remember I'll take some pics tonight.

They don't seem to be preening more than usual. I did notice the red skin isn't so red. I'm going to possibly spray them all again tonight, the label says every other day. I just want to get rid of whatever it is. I am going to get Diamotous sp? earth to sprinkle on them, in their dirt holes and the coop. The DE takes longer to help them so I think I might combine the spray and the DE. Do you think that is a good idea? Oh and they aren't laying any more unless they have all decided to lay the eggs i n the yard somewhere. Ugh if they are. If I remember I'll take some pics tonight.
yes you can use both at same time

does it look like infection of some sort or just the color of skin?
Her skin, especially towards the feather shafts, was just a yellow color.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom