Asking Santa for a chainsaw - need advice!

chickbea

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Vermont
Not sure what category to put this under -
I know there's guys on here with very distinct opinions about chainsaws
cool.png
- I need help!
My husband's chainsaw is too heavy and big for me to use, it's always squirting gas at me, it's smelly, and it's a pain to start. The other day I told him I wanted that jaw saw that they are advertising on TV, but he scoffed at that particular product. So, what's a good brand/size chainsaw for me? I don't need it to cut anything more than a 4-5 inch trunk; mostly it would be used to take down saplings and trim branches. I'm 5'7" and about 130 lbs, if that matters. What shall I ask for?

My hubby got me a 14" Husqvarna last year for Christmas.
It starts like a dream, isn't too heavy, and does everything that I want it too.
I did have a McCullough (older model) that was a 12" that I absolutely adored and ran it to death. I couldn't find a McCullough replacement that suited me.

AWESOME..............LADY............one year I asked my DH for a cement mixer, because I am an artist, needed it for my work. People got a kick out of it, I use it alot.

I have a Stihl Mini Boss 14" chain saw. It is just the right size for small trees, branches, etc. I am a 54 year old 5'2" woman & have no trouble handling it. DH has a larger Stihl Farm Boss 18" chainsaw. I have had mine for over 5 years and we cut about 5 cords of wood a year, mostly oak, maple & poplar without problems.

Last edited:
I have used a 026 Stihl for about 15 years now. I use it for firewood, trail clearing and it came in real handy in the 2009 ice storm. Stihl makes some great chainsaws and you cant go wrong with them. Also Echo is a great saw. I love the Echo string trimmers too.

I recently saw advertisement for "The claw"!?! by the Worxs? or Works
Looks like something I could handle. My DH won't teach me to
work a chainsaw. Says we wouldn't have anything left standing!
smack.gif

Love my Stihl, almost as much as my wife loves her GreenWorks 20 V battery operated saw from Amazon. I was amazed at how much power it has for a battery operated saw. It's easy to grab and go, and I use it a lot for light trimming, especially if I have to climb. I find myself using it pretty often for lighter stuff too . A good complement to the Farm Boss gas Stihl. ......stan

Back
Top Bottom