ASPERGILLOSIS HELP

Tekilou

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2021
Hi how long would it take a duck to die from aspergillosis? Could a duck have it 4 months and still be alive? Is it contagious? Thanks very much

My duck had aspergillosis, diagnosed by necropsy at the vet. It took about a year for her to pass away. Near the end she was gasping and miserable and we euthanized her at the vet.

My other duck came down with it a year after the first duck passed away and we recognized the symptoms immediately and took her to the vet. We started her on antifungals and within weeks she was cured. That was years ago and she is still doing well.

I have several other ducks who didn't get it. My vet says it isn't contagious.

I recommend going to an avian vet if you suspect your duck has aspergillosis.

My duck had aspergillosis, diagnosed by necropsy at the vet. It took about a year for her to pass away. Near the end she was gasping and miserable and we euthanized her at the vet.

My other duck came down with it a year after the first duck passed away and we recognized the symptoms immediately and took her to the vet. We started her on antifungals and within weeks she was cured. That was years ago and she is still doing well.

I have several other ducks who didn't get it. My vet says it isn't contagious.

I recommend going to an avian vet if you suspect your duck has aspergillosis.
Can you tell me what medication and dosage your vet put your other duck on?

Can you tell me what medication and dosage your vet put your other duck on?
Itraconizole, 20 mg once daily for a 3.5 lb duck. I recommend you follow your avian vet's guidance. My duck also had regular bloodwork to make sure it wasn't damaging her organs. After about 6 weeks her liver values began changing, and we discontinued the drug promptly.

Back
Top Bottom