Assil or Shamo? Hen or rooster?

So gamefowl are actually friendly. Cool. I learn something new everyday. Gonna go read up on them more 😀
Definitely! How else would cockers handle their dangerous bullstags? I think it's a common misconception that gamefowl are aggressive towards humans, when in reality that is the opposite. People are just more scared of them because they're bred for cockfighting.

How sweet that you rescued this little fella!

And how funny he turned out to be a velociraptor 😂

You are clearly very attached to him, and I hope you can get him some girlfriends soon. Chickens need other chickens (but no more males).

Games can be super human friendly, but do expect him to go through an Ahole phase like every cockerel does when hormones hit. He must be taught to respect your space, and that you may touch or pick him up whenever you choose.

How sweet that you rescued this little fella!

And how funny he turned out to be a velociraptor 😂

You are clearly very attached to him, and I hope you can get him some girlfriends soon. Chickens need other chickens (but no more males).

Games can be super human friendly, but do expect him to go through an Ahole phase like every cockerel does when hormones hit. He must be taught to respect your space, and that you may touch or pick him up whenever you choose.
Lolllll yes so funny!!! Thought it was a regular chicken. I am so attached to him and he is so attached to me. I love our relationship. He’s already stopped attacking my feet as much so that’s a good step. Do I get him a normal hen? Or does it have to be shamo? I also need permanent housing ideas. Right now he sleeps inside and I have a pen for him outside during the day, and I’m out there while he free roams for at least a few hours a day. He always sticks right by me though lol.

A regular female will do. Although all of my previous girls couldn't handle mine. I settled on Brahma, and they've been working great. Get at least two if you're getting normal birds, if you're going for gamefowl, even one can work just fine

Lolllll yes so funny!!! Thought it was a regular chicken. I am so attached to him and he is so attached to me. I love our relationship. He’s already stopped attacking my feet as much so that’s a good step. Do I get him a normal hen? Or does it have to be shamo? I also need permanent housing ideas. Right now he sleeps inside and I have a pen for him outside during the day, and I’m out there while he free roams for at least a few hours a day. He always sticks right by me though lol.
His pullets do not need to be his same breed, but I would suggest a larger breed due to me not wanting him to injure smaller hens if he breeds them. And be sure to get pullets, not hens. Hens will peck a cockerel a lot in order to teach him manners. While that is a good thing, it's better to get pullets.

His pullets do not need to be his same breed, but I would suggest a larger breed due to me not wanting him to injure smaller hens if he breeds them. And be sure to get pullets, not hens. Hens will peck a cockerel a lot in order to teach him manners. While that is a good thing, it's better to get pullets.
Nowt wrong with teaching manners to a hormonal young whippersnapper!

Back
Top Bottom