Assisting chick to hatch

I'm currently attempting a helping hatch. Had a chick that was lagging behind, all the others hatched. Now its been two days and I'm getting it out. Lots of blood, pray that it works!
fl.gif

Thanks for the support, the chick is doing better now, things are looking up. It raised it's head a little while ago, and is chirping very loud.
big_smile.png

Not out of the woods yet though, time to start walking and eating. Should I just feed sugar water? Should I attempt putting the chick back with its mother?

78558_img_1648.jpg
v

I have 9 eggs right know that I thought were dead, I have been cracking eggs that are really late to hatch only to find several alive. Nice I started doing this on my duck eggs awhile ago but never did it on chicks until this hatch. All I can say is thank goodness I checked before tossing couldn't really see through the shells anymore to check for movement on these dark eggs. Im just glad im not the only one that helps when they have too.

If it was just 2 days behind thats not bad? Maybe it wasn't quite ready to be born? I thought it was ok for some eggs to take a little longer to hatch?
idunno.gif
Well good luck with the little one, sure is cute. ~Julie~

Quote:
It didn't make any progress 48 hours after the pip. I don't think it would have made it out of the egg. At least I gave it a chance tho. If it is still not walking after today, I probably will cull. He sure is trying to walk but doesn't seem to be making any progress. How long before yours could walk, Kim?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom