At a lose!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickenfryed, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Chickenfryed

Chickenfryed New Egg

Nov 3, 2009
    Found my favorite hen dead on the coop floor the other morning. Had a proper burrial last night. Put her in a shoe box and laid her to rest. My girl loved riding on shoes! She will be sadly missed. My co-workers don't understand my grief. They keep hitting me with sly remarks and it's just a chicken! UGH!! I know you people will understand me. RIP Moesha!

2. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] It's amazing how attached we become to those fluffybutts!! I feel your pain-and so does everyone else here on byc. [​IMG]

3. cristy17

cristy17 Chillin' With My Peeps

My sympathies [​IMG]

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Next time a co-worker makes a sly remark about "it was jsut a chicken," ask how she would feel if her (cat/dog/whatever pet you know she has, and use a name if you know it) had died and you said that to her.

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:
    If you don't have anything nice to say...please don't post at all; just move on.​

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  6. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    NYREDS...be nice! I just lost my MIL..I know you werent emotionally invested in her either... but would you make that same comment on my thread? Have a heart! Loosing anyone person or pet is hard on MOST of us...So sorry for your loss!

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Never mind insensitive people (at your work and on BYC). Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have lost birds and felt every bit as devastated as if I'd lost any dog, so there are people who understand how you feel. Some don't, but then, that's their problem.

9. tulie13

tulie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Florida
    Yes, we Chicken Nuts sure do get attached to our little fluffy-butts!!! [​IMG] And "normal people" just don't understand. Sorry for your loss - that sounds really cute, a shoe-riding chicken! [​IMG]

I hope you don't have anything contagious that will affect the rest of your flock. Keep a close eye on the rest of them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by