At what age do silkies start to lay????

Quote:
Crud
th.gif
Out of 10 hatchery, feedstore, SUPPOSEDLY sexed Silkies I got ONE buff pullet!! ALL the rest started crowing!!
barnie.gif
I'll NEVER get any eggs!!! She wont even be 8 months till next January, darn it! I do have a white silkie as well, but while it hasnt crowed yet, I still have roo suspicions!

Figures the buff ones might lay later than the rest! Oh well, I still like her, so she has a good home with us forever anyways (eggs or not!)
lol.png

My little black silkie is about 6 months old (maybe closer to 7) and still hasn't laid. Unless I just haven't seen her eggs, of course! I wait patiently, but she's not even going near a nest box yet.
roll.png
What she lacks in productivity she makes up in charm, though. I didn't get her for her eggs.

I have a Silkie who is 13 months old and hasn't laid an egg yet. She did go broody around 11 months old and I let her hatch a Silver Spangled Hamburg chick, so now she's doing the mama thing. At least she has earned a part of her keep for the past year! Still, it would be nice if she figured out the other half of her job is to lay eggs!

I have three silkies. I got them in early march. I was told they only lay in the winter. But as of now i have no eggs. But my rooster is really trying to figure out what to do with his two hens. LOL. I have over 60 chickens in all. They have their own little coop. It is fun to watch. Hopefully i will get reproduction from them before the year is out. Fingers are crossed!

My silkies are about 3 or 4 or 5 months old ( sorry one is about a week younger ) and there are no eggs yet I know they are young but they have made a nest in my bail of hay and all take turns siting on it while the others just sit in the box I put in there while they wait their turn.

I got 6- 2 week old silkies in January 2013, one died young, two were roo's and we found them a home, now I have 3 pullets, one buff, one black and one blue splash. My buff started laying at 4 and a half months, everyday, sometimes 2 a day
ep.gif
, so I let her go broody for a few weeks to give her a rest, the eggs are not fertile but I did not want her to wear herself out too soon. The other 2, the black and the blue have not showed any signs of laying, as of today, August 15th 2013, the three of them are 6 and a half months, The buff is over her broodiness and running around again and still no signs of eggs from the blue and black but I expect the buff will be laying again soon. So, those who think buffs lay later in life, I don't believe so, mine was determined to be a mama at about 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom