ATT: camping people... how do I wash a sleeping bag without ruining it

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I am getting all my camping stuff ready for Camping while at Chickenstock and i just went to check out my sleeping bags and they smell awful... like they have been in a basement for 5 years.. (maybe cause they have been..LOL)

So how can I was these things with out killing them?

I have a triple load washer and dryer at home... I was going to wash them on gentle or bulky cycle (not sure yet) and then line dry or fluff dry... will I kill them?

Are they down or some other filling? If they are down, I would avise taking them to be dry cleaned. Any other type of sleeping bag I have put in the washer on cold, then hung them up to dry.

they are not down... just the cheap poly fill sleeping bags available at any big box hardware store

After washing line dry till dry then put 6 tennis balls in the dryer add the bag and run them on the fluff cyle for about 20 minutes to refluff then

Quote:
ewwww guess my dogs slobbery tennis balls wont do...LOL

must go buy more dog toys..

I just washed a similar sounding (cheap polyfil big box bag!!) on hot and ran it through the dryer. It came out like new! But if you are worried, wash it in warm or cold and hang to dry and fluff in the dryer.

Back
Top Bottom