Attaching hardware cloth to wood with stapler gun?

I am having difficulties attaching hardware cloth to wood using a standard manual hand stapler gun made by Stanley. Either it jams or the staple won't go all the way in the wood. Would getting an electric stapler gun made by Ryobi Ryobi stapler gun from Home Depot provide better results? Or am I using the stapler gun in an incorrect manner? Am I supposed to lean my weight on the gun as I staple the hardware cloth? Also, the Stanley stapler gun keeps jamming.
I used big washers and screws every foot/foot an a half and used a staple gun in-between. I hated those stupid hammer in things too.

A battery operated one might be nice!

This is the stapler I use. I've had it for several years, it's been used for a LOT of projects, including fixing/repairing and putting up hardware cloth. It's been dropped, gotten rained on, been left outside, gotten muddy, stepped on, banged around and still works just fine.

dewalt-staple-guns-dwht80276-64_600.jpg
used this exact one as well. It's the best! The staples that didn't go in all the way I just tapped with a hammer.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • SSPX0994.JPG
    SSPX0994.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 20
  • SSPX0995.JPG
    SSPX0995.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SSPX0999.JPG
    SSPX0999.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 23
I just put 1600 staples in the last few days, over 600 just doing the apron today. I used a harbor freight $28 pneumatic pin nailer, and yes the narrow 1 inch galvanized every 2 in is extremely strong and cheap, almost impossible to pull out, even with a claw hammer. You can't drive 1 inch in by hand, that gun also does pin nails and I use for trim.
20230427_182753.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom