Attack of the killer chickens??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kmwright, Oct 14, 2010.

1. kmwright

kmwright Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    Seriously?

Every time I tell someone about my lovely ladies, I get this:

"Really? Ew, I hate chickens"
    "I'm afraid of chickens"
    "You pick them up? Aren't you scared they're going to peck you?"

[​IMG]

Why is everyone afraid of chickens? They are wonderful, sweet, and all around awesome birds! Well, one of mine is an anti-social (insert bad word here), but the others are just great!

Anyone else get this??

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I don't get it either. It's like people think they are pterodactyls or something. I think the beaks intimidate them!

3. kmwright

kmwright Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    My husband's friend said it's the talons.

Anyone seen Napoleon Dynamite? Chickens have large talons. [​IMG]

4. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:I was thinking the exact same thing! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't un'rstand a werd yew jus' said. [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Two of my friends are totally freaked out by the idea of mites. Doesn't matter that I tell 'em I've checked, and I treat and pre-treat pre-emptively for such things, they still think chickens - ALL CHICKENS - are crawling with mites.

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I know what you mean. I even have a daughter(grown) that is scared to death of them cause IF she does go out back they all come running for treats. Guess shes afraid they'll rip her throat out [​IMG] At work I hear you have to clean the poo? yes if I dont who will. Then they think thats gross but think nothing of picking up dog poo. Makes no sense to me. And I tell them my pets give me eggs what do yours do for you.

7. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    Quote:[​IMG]'''.don't pay them no mind--some people are just opinionated .....[​IMG]...., or , afflicted withh a mild case of optical rectivitus , and that is when their eyeballs are connected to their poop shute and gives them a shallow vision of everything joyfull arround them

8. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

my SIL thinks they are gross. that the scaly legs and the feeling of the bones underneath all those feathers are disgusting. Something about the touching/idea of touching them makes her crazy... i think it's not a long trip...

9. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Quote:My neighbors thought that, too. In their defense though, she had horses and the place where she boarded them had chickens, and the chickens gave all the animals in the barn mites. I had to explain that they weren't taking care of their chickens properly, and her husband said, "OH!"

My SIL is afraid of them, even the baby chicks. LOL She did well though when I was in the hospital with my son, she took care of them for a few days until I could get my friend to come get them. She is a city person, though. LOL

10. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Dangit, what is going on with our internet tonight?! Sorry

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by