Attacked by a dog!

catherine222

Chirping
Mar 16, 2019
Northeast Ohio
Good morning everyone….. My neighbors dog attacked one of my hens a couple days ago. She has hole the size of my fist on her side but is doing ok, eating drinking and laying eggs. My concern is that she pooped worms the other day, just once. Wondering if that was because of the trauma. Thanks in advance for all your advice!

(Checked the other hens poops and NO worms.)( Should I worm everyone, if so with what?)

Good morning everyone….. My neighbors dog attacked one of my hens a couple days ago. She has hole the size of my fist on her side but is doing ok, eating drinking and laying eggs. My concern is that she pooped worms the other day, just once. Wondering if that was because of the trauma. Thanks in advance for all your advice!

(Checked the other hens poops and NO worms.)( Should I worm everyone, if so with what?)
Did you happen to get a photo of the worms?

They were in her poop right?
Wound is clean and has no maggot activity right?

Not sure what type of worm you saw, but maybe roundworms? Those would be what most would see in poop. If so, then you can treat with Fenbendazole (Safeguard). Dose is .23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeat in 10 days. This treats roundworms only. If you want to treat other worms, excluding tapeworms then give for 5 days in a row.

Did you happen to get a photo of the worms?

They were in her poop right?
Wound is clean and has no maggot activity right?

Not sure what type of worm you saw, but maybe roundworms? Those would be what most would see in poop. If so, then you can treat with Fenbendazole (Safeguard). Dose is .23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeat in 10 days. This treats roundworms only. If you want to treat other worms, excluding tapeworms then give for 5 days in a row.
No photo, only happened once. Definitely roundworms. Is Homevet Avian Arm Clear helpful or should I go strong with Poultry Dewormer 5x.
1625570927641.png
or
1625570949571.png

I would go to TSC and get the Safeguard liquid goat dewormer. Dose is above.

1625574885100.png

Back
Top Bottom