Attacked by dog. ****UPDATE**We finally went to court

That must have been horrible!
hugs.gif
Sorry you had to go through this, I would be a nervous wreck.

Will keep you and Chicken in prayers. Let us know how she's doing in the morning.

If she is breathing ok, no rattles or wheezing, just let her be to reorganize herself. Tomorrow, go to the feed store and get some Corona antibiotic cream. It`s in the equine section, yellow tub with red lid. Apply to her wounds once and leave her alone. As long as she`s comfy, she should mend. Sore and unresponsive for a few days, try to get some water with V&E in it, down her daily, morning and night. Other than that, let her heal. Good luck.......Pop

I am so sorry. Prayers are with Miss Chicken. Make sure she is warm and has plenty of food and water. She may surprise you and if it is merely her tail and the thre are not major wounds or internal injuries, she can survive.

We had a hen tanglw with one of our dogs. Her tail was just kind of hanging. I cleaned it good with saline. Put in back in place. Placed some bluekot on it. Kept her separated in a dog crate for a couple weeks. Made sure she had food and plenty of water. She has a funny scar and feathers dont grow right, but she healed very well. it was amazing.

Nicki

Electrolytes for shock. A little pedialyte in a pinch if you don't have the poultry kind, There are also recipes for homemade electrolytes here on BYC. Use search feature.

Keep her very comfortable (a snug quiet retreat with very comfy bedding), not too hot or too cold...

Rescue remedy is used by some for its calming effect - a drop or two in water.

If she is comforted by a human friend, soft soothing comforting words till she calms...

Hoping so very much she will pull through.
JJ

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. She passed away quietly. Just closed her eyes while I was holding her. Too much blood loss and shock. God must have needed another chicken to make him smile the same way she made me smile.

Back
Top Bottom