Attacked by dog. ****UPDATE**We finally went to court

purpletree23

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Tonight my chickens were attacked by 2 dogs. I had let my girls out of their run because it was getting close to dusk and I was only a few feet away weeding the vegetable garden. Before I knew what was happening each dog was running into the woods with a chicken in its mouth. One somehow escaped. Maybe it was me screaming like a banchee and running after the dogs with a hoe. There was nothing I could do. I rounded up the other girls to lock them in their coop. It took time because they were scared to death. I was just getting everyone locked up and my missing girl came out of the woods. She came right to me but was missing a good part of her tail. I rinsed her off, dried her and applied blood stop powder. After a few applications she finally stopped bleeding. Shes lost a lot of blood. I made her a place in the garage but I don't think she will make it through the night. She is in shock. She finally laid down and is resting. Please say a prayer for her and if God is going to take her I hope he takes her tonight.

Last edited:
OMG!! I am so sorry to hear this. Your girls will be in my prayers tonight.
Such a sad and devistating thing to go through.
hugs.gif

Goodchickiethoughtsgoodchickiethoughtdgoodchickiethoughts.......

Chickens are so resilient maybe she will suprise you.

We just call her chicken so we don't get too attached but I love her anyway. Thank you for your prayers.

sorry purpletree.. I will pray for her. I fear this will happen here some day as I let mine free range without a fence to keep dogs out.

I hope that she will be ok.

Oh how horrible for you and her. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. If she came back, I have a feeling she will be ok.
fl.gif

And as an afterthought, make sure she has plenty of water near her if she wants it. Good luck....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom