1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Attention all TEXAS quail folks

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Twoandhelp, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Twoandhelp

Twoandhelp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
    Fellow Texans!

I've gotten a lot of "progress" with figuring out how to sell quail eggs to restaurants or grocery stores. I'm also working on exemptions for small farms to sell the meat and sell the eggs.

If anyone would be interested in being able to sell the eggs or meat, or if anyone has any info about trying to go through different agencies, please let me know and it will help when I meet with our state rep later this week.

what I think is crazy is that the restaurants that serve quail eggs can order them from other states- just not texas. I have a lot of info if anyone is interested.

2. pkhunter

pkhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2014
    Texas
    I would be interested in any info you have. I have a restaurant that wants 400 eggs a week but I don't want to get in trouble over it. I've heard you can sell to the public but not to someone that's going to resell them, not sure if this is true or not. Any way id like to read anything you have. Thanks

3. Twoandhelp

Twoandhelp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015

I will dm you our process up too now. Let me around about where you're at in Texas too

4. bigbuc

bigbuc Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    llano county, Texas
    Count me in. That's why we quit rabbits, no market except livestock show kids.

5. Jaybird14

Jaybird14 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2014
    I live in Wisconsin but this a very interesting topic. Selling 400 eggs a weeks would be great little cottage industry.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by