Attention Dark Brahma rooster owners

My Brahma "pullet" grew a comb and wattles and started crowing this week. 26 weeks old. The saddle feathers are still not very long but are slightly more pointed than the saddle feathers of the other pullets. But it is not at all obvious. "He" had no comb at all until this week.

Attachments

• IMG_8460.JPG
    IMG_8460.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm not sure, honestly. But the pattern doesn't look right, and that comb, I would almost think a cochin, but I know that's not right either
Hmm. Ok well I haven’t thought twice about it considering his feathered feet and size, but I let me see if I can get some better pics up close.

The more I look into it I do think it is a Brahma. The birds I did find with feathered feet typically don’t have yellow toes (except Cochin) but I think the coloring, size, demeanor, lines up most with brahmas. I did a
Have another person comment on a previous post of mine (trying to decide if it was a Roo or pullet) and she said her dark Brahma Roo looked just like mine did coloring wise. So maybe it’s atypical coloring for brahmas but still a possibility?
I think the comb is the oddest part about him...

I think the comb is the oddest part about him...
Newbie to looking at combs. Mine is bottom right. I copied and included other dark Brahma rooster pics up close. I see it looks different from the top right one but I feel like when it’s older it could look like the top left one???

Attachments

• 760DE35E-B15E-44F9-A244-2C1DB8E2FD56.jpeg
    760DE35E-B15E-44F9-A244-2C1DB8E2FD56.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom