Attention Genetics Gurus--Araucana Breeding Group

The group looks uniform and are all the same color?
I would expect more of the same whatever it is.
wink.png

Gary, here is my "girl". I am hoping pullet, 11 weeks old, with a pic below of that blue rumpless tufted boy(5 days older) to show comb comparison. Did yours look like this one when they were younger? (note-mine has yellow legs too
wink.png
)

11313_araucana_001.jpg

comb pic, it is smaller than the others, but it looks a little too red for a pullet at 11 weeks, opinion?
(after posting it looks definitely rooish
sad.png
)
11313_araucana_004.jpg

here is that boy I hatched from your eggs, for comb comparison (and so I can show him off
tongue.png
)
he wouldn't stay still so it's blurry (he is double tufted rumpless)
11313_araucana_005.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
Gary,

They certainly do look like their Brother atlas!!! What about breeding them back to black tufted roo! Make some gorgeous blues!!

Are these pullets related to my blue pullet, Gaia?
11087_gaia_pic_2_blue_bonnet_classic_jan_09.jpg

Barb

Quote:
I think your little pullet is a pullet, but I have been fooled previously by these guys as this color strain is slow maturing. I've only been fooling with this pattern for couple of years and it came about by my trying to get good tight Pea Combs into my whites. Your young cockerel seems to have a nice tight comb also. I'd like to see pictures when they grow up.

Gary:
I understand this "breed" is exceptionally difficult to hatch effectively. What do you do extra to have good hatches? Are the hens broody?
Thanks
Christina

I love the Blues, my Blue Pullet from your eggs is an especially pretty bird! If I were so inclined, my Professor Tuft is a prospective Show bird! I want to try to hatch more! Thanks for sharing the work you have put into your birds with us!
smile.png
People ask me about Tuft all the time - I send them to you, if thats ok?
Tina/tfpets

Back
Top Bottom