Attention Muscovy lovers

So now my Muscovy has 9 eggs in her nest in a dog house. For the 1st time today she covered the nest with straw like she was hiding them, but still walked away, not sitting on them 24/7. By covering them, could she be getting ready? How long should u wait before clearing the nest out and starting over?

My muscovy had a patch of fur missing under his neck for the last few weeks and now he has another one his right side above his leg starting. Is this normal, maybe like molting or something?

He was following DH all around the yard, stayed right on his heels, literally. lol

They both stand guard together!!!

My muscovy had a patch of fur missing under his neck for the last few weeks and now he has another one his right side above his leg starting. Is this normal, maybe like molting or something?

He was following DH all around the yard, stayed right on his heels, literally. lol

They both stand guard together!!!
He's your only drake? a few of mine have bare patches from fighting. But I had to laugh because your drake reminds me so much of my dominant drake Opie he does the same thing to my dh.

I would wonder if there is something in his environment that he is rubbing the feathers off on???

It isn't normal.... But it is a puzzle to figure out why
Nothing has changed in his pen and he just swims around the pond with my 2 khaki's during the day. DH said he thought he seen him pulling on his own feathers, maybe he could be having a reaction to something being spring? Kinda like allergies?

Nothing has changed in his pen and he just swims around the pond with my 2 khaki's during the day. DH said he thought he seen him pulling on his own feathers, maybe he could be having a reaction to something being spring? Kinda like allergies?
Very hard to know what could be going on, but as long as it doesn't get to the point where it's all over then just watch him to make sure nothing else crops up.

Thank you, I just went out and was scratching him in those spots. It don't seem to bother him and i don't feel nothing on the skin underneath. Maybe mama stole his feathers for the nest, lol

Back
Top Bottom