just wanted to let people that live in georgia

what was going on

if you post ads on here or any other place

be aware of what is going on right now

that is all i am saying

because i have friends that work for the dept of agriculture

i'm trying to help people on here

thanks and god bless

I WAS TOLD TODAY THAT I HAD TO HAVE A LICENSE TO ADVERTISE IN THE MARKET BULLETIN.

Well, the USDA is full of it! (the Market Bulletin is a USDA publication, for those who don't know) You can advertise any darn thing you want to. Advertising is far from selling, right? And I can sell anything from my own property without a license. That would stop almost ALL sales of birds and eggs and it's ludicrous.

Yeah, Georgia is one of the worst states for gov't intrusion into your rights. I'd love to leave here.​

Quote:
Won't you be my neighbor?
hugs.gif

Ok, then that makes more sense. I appreciate the heads-up on that business owner and his wife, though. You never know what some folks will do when they are frustrated and angry!

Terrie, I'd love to be your neighbor!
big_smile.png

crazy stuff! Alot of people would be in alot of trouble if they didnt have the license and alot of people sale without one. Personally I would be more concerned with the conditions the chickens are living rather than a license. Just because you have a license doesn't mean its all ok.

Quote:
Well, the USDA is full of it! (the Market Bulletin is a USDA publication, for those who don't know) You can advertise any darn thing you want to. Advertising is far from selling, right? And I can sell anything from my own property without a license. That would stop almost ALL sales of birds and eggs and it's ludicrous.

Yeah, Georgia is one of the worst states for gov't intrusion into your rights. I'd love to leave here.

SC isn't far

Quote:

Yeah, Georgia is one of the worst states for gov't intrusion into your rights. I'd love to leave here.

You can come to Michigan, and you'd be Terrilacey's neighbor
smile.png
We have a lot of snow though.

Poohevans.. Don't be sorry. You are giving a heads up, and that's a good thing. I just thought it was weird you'd have to have a license to just advertise in a market bulletin. It doesn't make any sense. I think speckledhen summed it up better...

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom