ATTN: Photographers... Digital Camera Discussion....

Here is a couple I just went and snapped... and then I need to go sleep off this anesthetic. I went to the dentist this morning and I'm still numb!

11916_p5140037.jpg

11916_p5140044.jpg

11916_p5140045.jpg

And I love this one, but the flash threw a shadow on the left. Still gotta get the hang of things... again these are all on AUTO.

11916_p5140043.jpg

Quote:
Awww thanks, that is my 2 and half year old sweet, adorable, very tempermental daughter lol looks can be decieveing!!

Nice pictures! The one of the white rooster is my favorite!

It takes awhile to get the hang of things when it comes to cameras. I've had mine for a year now, and I'm still getting the hang of it! There's endless things to learn and always something to photograph! I can't wait to see more of your pictures!

Quote:
Actually I didn't.... well I did but I deleted them. I was playing around with Shutter Speed, Apertures, and Exposure last night at dusk. LOL

I DID play around with my editing software though. Below are the results. I'm sure its WAY overdone, and completely all wrong, but I had fun doing it. I just kind of moved things this way or that until I liked what I saw.

Before...

3534491290_e3691e1e8a.jpg

After...

3534136691_2169a8e3b8.jpg

Last edited:
One big thing about photo editing is that what you see your screen isn't necessarily what I see on my screen! Depends on each person's screen and color profiles.

I do recommend that you choose some photos, one say of a white chicken, one with a lot of red in it, one with a lot of black in it.

Make sure you make a master file. Now edit them to your eye on your screen, save this with a different name. Then print the original and the edited image at the place you plan on using for prints (4x6 is large enough). In this way you can see how the original is going to print, and how the edited image prints.

(I also recommend you print at a few places. You will be shocked at how badly some print red.. or black... Choose your favorite and stick with them. You'll be less frustrated in the end.)

On my laptop I have to really lighten images way past what seems right to me to get a good print. But on the desktop it's pretty much wysiwyg.

Before you really get into this software go to ebay and see if you can find a cheap photoshop elements 4 or higher. It's excellent software and you can make your images professional quality. No reason to learn the other. You already have the "eye". You should think forward to building a website, or at the very least having images in a show book or something. Get this small PE and you probably won't need another software. It has great color editing, great sharpening capabilities, easy to change the levels. Later on if you want to get fancy it can do all kinds of things too, like put on bevels and drop shadows.

White balance is the most difficult thing with digitals. Meaning that often the image will appear too dark, yellow, etc after you have taken it. (Inside, outside, florescent, incandescent, halide.. each messes up the white balance) With good software you can save almost anything (as long as it's in focus) in post. Now you can change your white balance when shooting, if you plan to be in the same spot for a long time. But it's not always convenient if you are moving and shooting a lot. Sometimes it's just easier to move a couple of bars in post and voila!

Now... get shootin'!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom