Auction Cancelled!

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
Okay folks, I offering six eggs (and more if the hens cooperate) from the two hens I recently purchased yesterday from Mothergoose. I am unable to incubate those eggs for myself and would rather have someone else take them. My loss is your gain! They have been with the roosters and been breeding actively so they are fertile. So I have only two weeks of fertile eggs since I do not have a rooster presently but hopefully soon! I am collecting the first egg tonight, hot off from the hen at six pm and collect more until Thurs night or Friday morning if I find any!

As Mothergoose says, her birds are from Calicowoods/Harry Shaw with Lowell Barber lines in the background so you are getting both lines. These eggs are dark and beautiful! She strives for terra cotta eggs, not those wishy washy brown eggs.

They will be sent out Friday morning at Priority shipping with tracking number. I will NOT be responsible for the eggs once they leave my hands. You should know the risks of shipped eggs but I will do my best to help you get these eggs ASAP as PO allows. They will be packed well and securely.

PayPal payments only. Please pay promptly on Thursday night OR early Friday morning before I get them to the post office in the morning when they open. Once the bidder won, I will ask the winner to submit the total cost of the bid plus shipping.

SHIPPING will be $15.00 for the lower 48 states ONLY. NO Alaska or Hawaii or foreign countries!!!!

Chickens035.jpg
This pullet was one of Christie's stock.

So start your bids for SIX eggs!

AUCTION ENDS on September 10, 2009 at 7:00 PM CST!!!!!!!!!!!!

BID!

Last edited:
Thank you for your bids!

So far I got two eggs........if I don't get enough eggs, I will auction next week and the eggs should not be any older than five days old. I will take out the oldest eggs unless you want to take a chance with older eggs (between seven to ten days old).

If the girls failed in both counts, then I will close the auction altogether and see if I can incubate but not raise them, sell them as day old chicks but it will be for local buyers. I do not ship!!!!

Sorry folks, thank you for your bids! I only got four eggs this evening so far.

Auction is NOW closed!

Will post again when I do get enough next week.

I would hatch if anyone promises to buy the chicks and I would need them to pay ahead of time to make sure they dont back out. Been burned too many times when one said they would buy and then didn't pay.

Quote:
Why couldn't you raise the babies and add more to your stock ?

Its a good/cheap way to get more nice hens !!

Not when you are trying to sell your house?

I dont think buyers would go downstairs in the basement and find cheeping chicks and the mess on the floor even it is the cleanest. It is a NO NO in selling houses. So this time I will not keep any until Nov/Dec when the sales are the slowest. I have until next spring to do that!
wink.png

I would have bantam hens to do that for me if they ever decide to go broody.

Back
Top Bottom