August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I have 3 eggs that have externally pipped. One pipped 24 hours ago and is quite vocal on and off, but I am concerned because there has been no change since yesterday. Not concerned about the 3 that pipped today as it's early for those yet.
Today is day 20 of incubation.
What should I do?

I have 3 eggs that have externally pipped. One pipped 24 hours ago and is quite vocal on and off, but I am concerned because there has been no change since yesterday. Not concerned about the 3 that pipped today as it's early for those yet.
Today is day 20 of incubation.
What should I do?

As long as it appears to be making life noises I'd wait a bit longer and try not to stress. Mine this hatch barely moved at all until hour 23 - once you get one hatching the rest will probably get energized to follow. They're on schedule.

How much longer do yours have?
started rocking on Saturday, yesterday they were due no pips so I candeled Them and everyone is still alive and well just taking thier time I guess. My temp ran a few degrees lower for 2 weeks so I think they may be a little late.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, when they've pipped and start to chirp, I play videos/sounds of other little chicks hatching to encourage them. - if there are no others out and about while they're In an incubator

It's hatched! Broody was shifting around and I saw the empty she'll, and I can hear the chuck chirping away under her.
She won't squash it will she!

Aggggggghhhhhhhh..................................
he.gif

The waiting is killing me!!!! Still nothing external. I hear a cheep every now and then so I try to cheep back...... It's so hard not to open up the incubator every hour just to check for eternal pips in places I can't see.

Aggggggghhhhhhhh..................................:he

The waiting is killing me!!!! Still nothing external.  I hear a cheep every now and then so I try to cheep back...... It's so hard not to open up the incubator every hour just to check for eternal pips in places I can't see.

Aww I know !!! you'll drive yourself crazy!!!

Back
Top Bottom