August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I'm so used to Bantams and keets I'm always shocked at how big LF chicks are lol

Sounds promising! How are things going?
I put five peafowl eggs in lockdown. Only one showed movement, and that one hatched on Day 27, and is beautiful and healthy! Nothing at all from the other four.

Good luck to you!

I have 4 pips still as of this morning. Some shaking and some peeping. And I just keep on watchin',
gig.gif

My hen's been sitting on five eggs for 21 days now, and I think I have an external pip. It's broken through the dark outer shell, but not the white inner layer.... Ugh! Waiting!

So I'll probably post this other places if the chick gets worse but I figured I'd start brainstorming here.

One of the chicks I got today has a large bulge on one side of its chest, there is a small scab in the center. I'm worried its infection, but the chick is very active and is eating and drinking. It's the oldest of the chicks at 3 days since hatch. The people I got it from said they pulled it out of a brush pile yesterday and it was hurt. They didn't know how long it had been stuck there for, but they warned to keep an eye on it. They threw it in with the other 2 for a dollar

Here is a pic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom