August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
So the seller of the eggs messaged me today asking if I wanted an extra dozen eggs for $15.... She has some project eggs that are blue. Sending me some lavender Orpington eggs, a project english Orpington eggs that are buff laced split chocolates. I told her she can surprise me and throw in whatever she wants.

So I have 24 eggs coming... My husband is going to kill me. I will just say they were all free. Haahaa
How could you say no?!?

Fluffy’s last egg is gone, hopefully this won’t trigger a bunch of egg eaters 😩 So going to break her and start collecting for another incubator round
I have one eating them to im thinking it is my orpington
Edit: because she tried attacking my hand when i grabbed the leftover eggshell.

They’ve never eaten eggs that aren’t already broken, so I’m hoping that was the same. Next time I’m separating so they don’t keep messing up her nest. She always had new ones and then some would get cracked when they tried squeezing into the nest
Im guessing she layed it when she was on the roost and it dropped this is the second egg i have found not in the nesting box either broke or ate. So hopefully she stops

Im guessing she layed it when she was on the roost and it dropped this is the second egg i have found not in the nesting box either broke or ate. So hopefully she stops
I hope it isn't a long term issue for you.

I had a Columbian Wyandotte that was an emphatic egg-eater. She would lay an egg and immediately turn around and eat it. She would go in the other nest boxes looking for more snacks. It drove me insane (no, I had nothing to do with talking about her in past-tense, but I wasn't especially sad about it either. Lol)

I hope it isn't a long term issue for you.

I had a Columbian Wyandotte that was an emphatic egg-eater. She would lay an egg and immediately turn around and eat it. She would go in the other nest boxes looking for more snacks. It drove me insane (no, I had nothing to do with talking about her in past-tense, but I wasn't especially sad about it either. Lol)
Im wondering why though. I hope i can solve it.

Back
Top Bottom