August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
It's been forever since I lasted hatched but that's because my girls all went on strike for months! only two are currently laying but I might pop a few of them in the bator. I also ordered a dozen eggs that will arrive next week to replace my sons frizzle OE that he lost, they will be pot luck as it's frizzle crosses, OE and AU Araucana running together

It's been forever since I lasted hatched but that's because my girls all went on strike for months! only two are currently laying but I might pop a few of them in the bator. I also ordered a dozen eggs that will arrive next week to replace my sons frizzle OE that he lost, they will be pot luck as it's frizzle crosses, OE and AU Araucana running together
How exciting! Fingers crossed for a good shipment!

My eggs are coming tomorrow!!!!!! I will pick them up after work. And then to try to time hatching as best as I can from my other hatches I will set them around 10:30-11:30am Thurs in hopes they hatch Wed afternoon/evening and I won't miss too many or have to be up all night watching them. haahaa! Seems all my eggs like to hatch on day 20...... 2 under 2 different broodys at 2 differnt times, then 1 in an incubator one time and the 10 this time...... all a few hours into day 20 up to about 8 hrs before day 21. I haven't made it to 21 days yet. LOL

do a hatch date of Aug 18, but will most likely hatch on Aug 17.

My eggs are coming tomorrow!!!!!! I will pick them up after work. And then to try to time hatching as best as I can from my other hatches I will set them around 10:30-11:30am Thurs in hopes they hatch Wed afternoon/evening and I won't miss too many or have to be up all night watching them. haahaa! Seems all my eggs like to hatch on day 20...... 2 under 2 different broodys at 2 differnt times, then 1 in an incubator one time and the 10 this time...... all a few hours into day 20 up to about 8 hrs before day 21. I haven't made it to 21 days yet. LOL

do a hatch date of Aug 18, but will most likely hatch on Aug 17.
That’s my birthday! Perhaps I should put mine in to hatch then too lol. I really don’t need to do a bunch of eggs, but always better for more 😂

OH NO! The tracking # the seller gave me "arrived at it's destination" early this morning. Only problem is it isn't MY state but one far far away! it should be in MA but said it arrived in IL! praying she just sent more than 1 and mixed up tracking #'s and my eggs are actually at my PO and NOT in IL.... :( Thankfully I have a friend at the PO so she is checking to see if I have eggs there or not..... then if they are I am hoping that the tracking # she gave was just wrong and it isn't that she went the wrong eggs to the wrong people! I have to work today so can't even get them until I am out of work (if they are even there). :(

OH NO! The tracking # the seller gave me "arrived at it's destination" early this morning. Only problem is it isn't MY state but one far far away! it should be in MA but said it arrived in IL! praying she just sent more than 1 and mixed up tracking #'s and my eggs are actually at my PO and NOT in IL.... :( Thankfully I have a friend at the PO so she is checking to see if I have eggs there or not..... then if they are I am hoping that the tracking # she gave was just wrong and it isn't that she went the wrong eggs to the wrong people! I have to work today so can't even get them until I am out of work (if they are even there). :(
So sorry you have to go through this! It’s so nerve-racking when these things happen. Hopefully it all straightens out and you get your eggs soon!😊

PHEW!!!! She gave me the wrong tracking #. My eggs are at the PO waiting for me to pick them up.

Then she told me another chicken breeder that works at her PO is giving her eggs from her mixed breed Cochin pen, that hatched lavender and blue laced etc, next month and she is going to ship half of those to me!

Got my eggs and they are resting. WOW... So my order with her was short 4 splash Cochin eggs (got extra project instead). So that is why she sent these was for the 4 splash Cochin. Well she also sent a project english Orpington egg. And 17 project Cochin eggs!!!!! A bit sad no lavender Orpington, but that is ok. Sure hope I can find lots of homes for these babies!!! Lol.

Pictures of the eggs. One is such a pretty blue but my camera won't get the color. Then some really dark green, but camera won't pick up just how dark!

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_144901574.jpg
    IMG_20220727_144901574.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220727_144849295.jpg
    IMG_20220727_144849295.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220727_144824177.jpg
    IMG_20220727_144824177.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220727_144811565.jpg
    IMG_20220727_144811565.jpg