August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
It has been suchhhhhh a long week here! Two of my girls have been in the county fair for the dog program (my younger girl is very upset no chickens allowed this year), my mom has a bad cold and couldn’t mind them as planned, and then two got a stomach virus!!! So I got to spend 13+ hours a day at the fair and didn’t have to clean up vomit because it miraculously was my husband’s day off 😅 My MIL and dad came to the rescue for the other days. Every bone and muscle in my body is screaming… We also had a visit from a small falcon, escaped chick, and several shipped chicks that passed 😭

6310007F-45A9-49BB-9404-EE6B60AA3243.jpeg
85812E8B-3D3C-4C5D-97D6-6F58F4EBE12F.jpeg
36365CC7-6610-4E38-A271-922AAB9AB97A.jpeg

I am on day 17. I took out the auto turner and put the liner in tonight. I will bump the humidity tomorrow. I also marked air cells. Like last time some are badly saddled. Most chicks I could see moving and/or great veins. there were 2 that were hard to tell so guess we will see on those.

I gave the 4 Cochin eggs to my broody to hatch so I can mark their little heads with some food coloring after they are born so I can tell them apart from the project chicks this time. I will be giving all to my broody to raise as long as she seems to do well once a chick hatches.

Guessing they will start hatching Wed afternoon if they follow all my other hatches.

Back
Top Bottom