August Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I didn't realize that either. Very cool.
It is really neat. Boy in the right girl on the left. A really nice breed by the Germans to eliminate waste. Because they're autosexing the girls can go straight to laying farms while the boys can go off to the meat farms. No need for different breeds. They take a little longer I've heard, but they're supposed to get up to 10+lbs at maturity and lay HUGE brown eggs. Seriously. The ones I set were the size of duck eggs.

Attachments

• A2BE5B5F-AEE9-49EB-938D-C20302DE2D37.jpeg
    A2BE5B5F-AEE9-49EB-938D-C20302DE2D37.jpeg
    627.9 KB · Views: 13
It is really neat. Boy in the right girl on the left. A really nice breed by the Germans to eliminate waste. Because they're autosexing the girls can go straight to laying farms while the boys can go off to the meat farms. No need for different breeds. They take a little longer I've heard, but they're supposed to get up to 10+lbs at maturity and lay HUGE brown eggs. Seriously. The ones I set were the size of duck eggs.
Cool, and so cute! The two do look quite different. Is this your first time with this breed?

It is. I was going to try breeding them as meat birds... But I think I'd rather try my hand at Delaware's.
I wish we were close I would trade some with you. I want to try Biels SO BAD!!!! They’re so pretty and supposedly have a super reputation for docile roosters. I can’t wait to follow your progress with them!!!

What part of the country do you live in?

I wish we were close I would trade some with you. I want to try Biels SO BAD!!!! They’re so pretty and supposedly have a super reputation for docile roosters. I can’t wait to follow your progress with them!!!

What part of the country do you live in?
I'm in NH lol. I got the eggs from eBay. In theory there greenfire stock. I may keep two hens an a roo if I like how they grow.

Light brahmas chick is here but its neck is wrong. Posted on the emergency thread about it but here are some pics. Not sure what to do.

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! Could it be wry neck? From a vitamin deficiency or injury? Did this happen overnight or immediately after hatch?

Back
Top Bottom