August Hatch-A-Long!

Its day 5 for me with 20 quail and 5 chickens in there. Was wondering.....a dark free floating blob in the egg indicates a dead egg right? The egg in question is from my cochin hen so it is brown and kinda hard to see inside for veins.

yea these aren't shipped eggs. So the aircell is that one spot on the big end of the egg that looks like a line dividing a light area and the darker much larger area under candling?

I have Old English Bantam chicks hatching this Friday

I have a game bird egg in my bator too! Just one though. I've got a question for you, how tiny is too tiny? Its my daughter's hens egg and she's only been layong for a week or so and her eggs are smaller than my silkie eggs. Normal or is she just still laying tiny newbie eggs? My daughter insisted we pop it in lol. Gotta do what the boss says!

Heidisgran,

Thanks for the comforting words! If I was in that egg right now, it would be rolling around the incubator. Hope you Hatch gets a high percentage rate!

I wondered what that was when I had to crack my bad egg open (blood ring) and I saw there was a white "bubble" on one end of the egg. makes sense.

Well after freaking out the whole time I was at work I come home and "Pip" hasn't made anymore progress. I'm not real worried yet but I was hoping to see a little more cracking after 12 hours.
wink.png
The temp on the bator dropped to 95 at some point during the day but when I got home it was at a steady 99. Humidity hasn't dropped lower than 65 either....Still no action from anyone else in there. I have to be back at work in 9 hours so I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight. lol I'll be parked in front of my bator with my iPad, alternating between staring holes in my eggies and reading through BYC.

Have you ever sat on a leather chair in shorts on a warm day? Your legs sweat...perhaps mama hen can either sweat or cause condensation when her bare skin (she plucks her feathers on the underside) comes in direct contact with the eggs.

I really have no idea but that sounded good, lol.
tongue.png
Maybe I can hatch an egg. I will cancel everything for 21 days. I have a leather couch and a leather recliner.

I wanted to know the exact breed of my mystery chicks (hatched store bought eggs this weekend) so I sent an email to the owner of the poultry farm where the eggs came from. I told her that I hatched out four chicks and included a picture of them.

Now just waiting to hear back from her.
That's something I'd do.

Uh oh, sounds like you are loving winning with EZ Sniper, lol. I won't bid on anything unless I use it.
I'm only buying essentials. Stuff to make another incubator, stuff to take care of my chickens and more eggs.
big_smile.png

I am not married, I can spend my money on whatever I want but I have to build my chicken coop by myself.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom