August Hatch-A-Long!

So many posts! Good luck all today
duc.gif

I didn't dare put it back in with the others :( I tried actually rigging up our Excalibur dehydrator to keep it warm and humid with a ton of wet towels and bowls of water. It did not make it but a few more minutes anyway. My first pipper died having hit a big vein when pipping. I ended up drilling a peep hole in the others and found 4 were dead already. I have one RIW chick out, 1 Marans chick most of the way out, and 4 of the shipped Welsummers pipped internally but will have to be assisted to hatch. Every single on of them was in a horrible position. Pretty sure none would have hatched without assistance. All the shipped eggs are the worst. 3 pipped toward the center of the egg internally and could not reach the shell to pip externally. Their air cells were very wonky and their inner membranes were somehow dried out even though they weren't externally pipped yet. I see feet over heads, heads between legs and one may have birth defects - won't know till its out. I think I see one giant foot and one tiny one :/

The RIW and Marans chick are both out now and drying off. have some concern for the Marans navel and a green tinge in the bottom of the shell, but I am hopeful. I managed to clear the nostrils of the 4 Welsummers and am hoping I can get some sleep and work with them some more when I wake up. Of course first I have to convince my 2 and 6 year old to go back to bed. They've been up since 2 am..... why tonight :rolleyes:

Well I'm back at work but as of this morning there had been no progress with Pip. :( I'm officially worried now. If there's still no progress when I get home this evening I'm thinking I might have to do something. She pipped yesterday morning around 8 am ....

Back
Top Bottom